GB 23 Winter War Eastern Front WWII-Allied or Axis

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jerry, I can only assume that, having just been based for a brief time in Greece (April to June 1941), he carried the same aircraft to Russia for the first 3 months of Barbarossa before going to Africa in September. I have no evidence of this though others might.

Is it possible that I could paint the model in a generic scheme as long as I include the basic markings and stencils? For example the Me-163 below has no specific markings such as a Unit, Squadron, Group emblem and things such as those but it has basic markings and stencils so I suppose it could work out for the build?
View attachment 268866

I'm not too sure the 163 was in the east. Someone will pop in and say for sure. Meanwhile I'll have a look myself. I know the Russians "captured" some but I think they were tested after the war.

Geo

Last edited:
I agree. The Komet wasn't used against Russian rather.

Well, reading Vic's first post a little closer, my Lilya Yak would not qualify for this build as she was flying at Leningrad in '42. Bugger.
But then I have to get on with some of the HARS planes. But it looks like a good turnout for this GB..... Shows the interest in contributing is alive and well. Goodonya guys.

Well, reading Vic's first post a little closer, my Lilya Yak would not qualify for this build as she was flying at Leningrad in '42. Bugger.
But then I have to get on with some of the HARS planes. But it looks like a good turnout for this GB..... Shows the interest in contributing is alive and well. Goodonya guys.

not sure why you think it would not qualify Bill ?
June 1941-May 1945 Eastern Front (Germany), Great Patriotic War (Russia) and encompassed areas of Central, Eastern and Northern Europe.

seems fine to me !

Well I probably should of chose another example but this picture will show you what I mean. Basically just the general markings with no specifics like group emblem or squadron markings. For example everything I've marked out in Red in the picture below. I want to ask this because sometimes I don't have decals for what I want to build and I want to know if it's allowed in the GB. EDIT:Went through my stash of 7 Models which I forgot about until now and I'm going to build Zvezda's 1/72 Bf-109 F-2 done Hans Philipp of Stab I./JG 54 in March 1940.

messaschnt.png

Last edited:
Someone here will have all the decals you need. They will send you a PM asking for your mailing address and they'll be on the way. I'll go check my stash for the appropriate decals for the top profile or maybe I have something else. Not up on 109 versions, but that is an E-7?

Geo

These are what I have...

002.JPG
003.JPG

I have no E-4 in the stash so they are yours if you want. From what I have read, the top profile is an E-4. If you have an E-7 model, just leave off the belly tank.

Geo

I'm with George and would no doubt have decals to help you out.

Now, about that proposed model of Phillip's rig, you know that Germany was still a year away from invading Russia at the time you said right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back