GB-50 1:48 SB2C-4 Helldiver - Zombie Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Just about done the little jobs. Prepping the clear parts before a Future bath and but prepping I mean working my keester off cleaning up the flash. The worst was the windscreen...

IMG_0003.JPG

All the other clear parts had flash as well but to a lesser degree. Note the lack frames on the windscreen

Thanks guys. Broke down and bought a mask set for the clear parts; should be here by June 7th at the latest......so they say

Mojo is gone, a few issues with the clear parts. One may be fixable, the other maybe not. The worst us the clear part over the turtle deck, too narrow. It isn't short shot as the rear part lines up with the fuselage, being the same height. The pilot's canopy is lop-sided but I think I can add some plastic strip to it. I'll see what happens

Thanks gents but here's the stopping block. Both sides are too narrow yet it fits perfectly fore and aft. Its so narrow that I lost count of how many times I tried to get it to sit on the fuselage for these photos

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

The other issue, the canopy is also a tad narrow but can be sledgehammered into place. Its the little things that throw me off of completion. Having said that, as I'm looking at the photo now, I could add some narrow strip along the bottom, sand the back side to match the fuselage and then run white glue along the edges to match the fuselage there. Today will not be that day though

:( Damned ! I don't remember having this problem (Revell kit). Maybe the Falcon Clear-Vax set n°7: US Navy, World War II, part 1 is a solution ?:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back