GB #51 Discussion

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Das Kraftei Me 163

Attachments

• Messerschmitt Me 163 at the Luftwaffenmuseum in Berlin-Gatow.jpg
    Messerschmitt Me 163 at the Luftwaffenmuseum in Berlin-Gatow.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 25-1.jpg
    25-1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 18
Another subject of interest could be the Lippische P.13 ram jet. Also without a propeller

Attachments

• Waffen Arsenal 102 - Überschalljäger Lippisch P13a(ocr+).pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 49
  • f2392c6d7f65d3c50646ab18f145ca3f.jpg
    f2392c6d7f65d3c50646ab18f145ca3f.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 20
I have a question about this GB: since this is an WW2Aircraft-forum it is my understanding that it will be more appropriate to build WW II objects, rather than anything else. Anyway, is it possible to build some of the paper-projects from the WW II period? Some of them never existed in the reality, some of them are even on the verge of fantasy (I have a Haunebu in 1/72 e.g.) Technically those are not whifs, but projects (secret or not), ideas or some of them simply rumors.
Are those "personas non grata" for the GB?

I think the Jets or No Propellers build is just to add to our experience.
They CAN be an Experience!!!!!! I will attest.
We have had paper builders in the past.
Moderators!????

I have a question about this GB: since this is an WW2Aircraft-forum it is my understanding that it will be more appropriate to build WW II objects, rather than anything else. Anyway, is it possible to build some of the paper-projects from the WW II period? Some of them never existed in the reality, some of them are even on the verge of fantasy (I have a Haunebu in 1/72 e.g.) Technically those are not whifs, but projects (secret or not), ideas or some of them simply rumors.
Are those "personas non grata" for the GB?
Not so sure I agree with the WWII part but the subject is for Jets, rocket power and gliders. Not my call but I would tend to say if a paper project was non propeller propelled then it would meet the basic requirements. there have been several kits brought out (many by Dragon) of the paper concepts. I would enjoy seeing them done up.

August 1 to December 4, 2021 GB 51 "No Propellers"

This Group Build will be for any aircraft kept in the air by anything other than propellers. Jets, rocket-powered aircraft, and gliders are included. This category covers any era of aviation.

I'm OK with "What-Ifs". I'm struggling with motivation right now which I hope will pass before the current GB is done

I am in for a paper folded GB. They must fly inside, any fancy spray work will get extra credits. Would there be any intrest?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back