GB-57 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Vc USAAF – WW2 Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Getting there with the pit. Infuriatingly, despite very best efforts, I've managed to lose the armour plate from behind the pilot's head. Had to swipe one from another kit (which will eventually be an early Mk I with no armour plating for the pilot, so no dramas.)

pit.jpg

No! I don't feel it's cheating. The use of PE gives one a more refined detailed build and many of the tiny bits are difficult to not only see but pick-up and place. In my last couple of builds I've actually punched holes in the PE where a knob or handle is fitted, this has made it much easied to place them, once I've managed to pick them up.

One can still do a Bad job of using PE or 3D accessories.
Is there an 'raised hand it's me' emoji? If so I'd paste 20 of em. Many kits have been almost destroyed with my inabilities to place and adhere them damn, thin, fragile bits. So they now typically get left off unless there are no plastic subs. Starting quite a collection! Someday I may be able to 'create' something with them??

I've often replaced kit-supplied amour plate with styrene card as the scale thickness is usually way off.

While there are equivalent (somewhat thicker) styrene parts on the sprue, these ones are etch and appropriately thin.

Many kits have been almost destroyed with my inabilities to place and adhere them damn, thin, fragile bits.

Trust me, there are plenty "dirty little secret" globs of CA glue hiding away in my cockpits, and this one is no exception!

Is there an 'raised hand it's me' emoji? If so I'd paste 20 of em. Many kits have been almost destroyed with my inabilities to place and adhere them damn, thin, fragile bits. So they now typically get left off unless there are no plastic subs. Starting quite a collection! Someday I may be able to 'create' something with them??
KIT BASH!

Can I suggest looking in on this tutorial,
Wojtek gives a really good description on masking a canopy.
My own method is a bit more fiddly than his. Just take a peak, see what you think.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back