GB-58 1/48 F-4D Phantom II – Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Some update...
The spine set a bit too low at the forward edge so I used a strip of plastic to help level it up. Later I added some Tamiya white putty.
View attachment 729644View attachment 729645View attachment 729646View attachment 729647
The left cheek intake is being a B*#%h and though it's farilly normall to have one or more be an issue, it still a pain in a$$!
View attachment 729648View attachment 729649
Starting around 1968 the USAF stated adding stiffeners to the horizontal tail of the F-4, starting with E models and then in depot adding to the older models. My subject is from 72 so I'm making a judgment call they should be in. Z-M does not have them on theirs. I have since found they offer them as an additional after market item, that dosn'e work for me. I plan on going to the Nationals in San Marcos in Augusts (next month 2-5 and seeing Z-M about getting some) but in the mean time, I'll work on making my own. Useing the Monogram F-4 and running a pencle across it on racing paper to get a template. we'll see.
View attachment 729650View attachment 729651
Z-M horizontal tales....
View attachment 729652
Man, seeing the organised complete choas on your desk i would not be suprised if the Phantom you build came out as a bi-plane with a DB605 engine but with the right cockpit and Galland on the stick. Looking for Snoopy.

Love it.

Man, seeing the organised complete choas on your desk i would not be suprised if the Phantom you build came out as a bi-plane with a DB605 engine but with the right cockpit and Galland on the stick. Looking for Snoopy.

Love it.
One can only hope but I was going for a Dr 1 with Manfred at the stick!

Well took a lot of searching but I finally found a product to fix Z-M lack of for thought.
IMG_2752.jpeg

I ordered the last four that Victory models had.
IMG_2753.jpeg
IMG_2754.jpeg
IMG_2755.jpeg

Not sure I'm all that keen on PE detail on surfaces like this, I feel the edges are a bit sharp and need toning down a bit. But I also have to admit that they do also make a finished build look more realistic. :D

Not sure I'm all that keen on PE detail on surfaces like this, I feel the edges are a bit sharp and need toning down a bit. But I also have to admit that they do also make a finished build look more realistic. :D
Most of the time I would agree with you but I'm only looking for the stabilizer stiffners. In PE they should be just about the correct size.

Easier than lapping the back of plastic down to the thickness of PE!!!!!!!!
Hasegawa is about right, monogram is a bit (lot) to thick, it scale wise not that thick yet quite noticeable. Scale PE does it in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back