GB-62 1/48 Spitfire Mk.I - Spitfires

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok!, I have to wonder on the sanity of this design! (Thanks for the heads up Andy) Done to increase the parts count? Done to challenge and or eliminate those that are not adapt at handling rice sized pieces? It sure appears, at this scale anyway, that these details for the exhaust could have been molded as one piece? The attempt at the 'open' areas was dismal at best anyway. I'll have to go back, after the glue has hardened, and carve out a few slivers to achieve this.

View attachment 777157View attachment 777159
It could have been a mould issue Ralph. :thumbright::lol:

A shame when I try and print to pdf, no color patches!
I gotta get off my arse and start this GB,
annnnd........... finish my others. I seem to be slowing down.
Were all slowing down Bill. I thank mt stars that I even get to sticking a bit of plastic together these days, such is the pace of of my day. :lol::lol::lol:

Wow, never anticipated spending (enjoying) this much time in a cockpit build! Some progress and lots to go,

Cockpit progress.jpg

On details!! The instructions indicate that these 4 areas are to be removed for all; A - B and C. However when I look at the follow on illustrations I seem to be seeing them? Are just the small pins to be removed or the whole pad site?? Has anyone, other then me, cared??

pin cut.jpg
Cockpit progress pins.jpg
pin cut 2.jpg

Looking at my instructions for the same kit Ralph I would say you remove those four little stubs that look to me like locator pins which checking through the instructions, seem to serve no purpose. As you have said, they are viable in the instructions further into the build but if you look closely, these tiny stubs have a back plate and what they are saying, is remove the stub not the back plate.
Ralph.jpg

Looking at my instructions for the same kit Ralph I would say you remove those four little stubs that look to me like locator pins which checking through the instructions, seem to serve no purpose. As you have said, they are viable in the instructions further into the build but if you look closely, these tiny stubs have a back plate and what they are saying, is remove the stub not the back plate.
View attachment 777839
Phew!! Thanks for the verify. Removing the small stubs is easy-peasy. The pads not so much.

Ralph, fundekals has a really good PDF for early spitfires. I'll send it to you when I get home on Wednesday

Last edited:
Ok!, I have to wonder on the sanity of this design! (Thanks for the heads up Andy) Done to increase the parts count? Done to challenge and or eliminate those that are not adapt at handling rice sized pieces? It sure appears, at this scale anyway, that these details for the exhaust could have been molded as one piece? The attempt at the 'open' areas was dismal at best anyway. I'll have to go back, after the glue has hardened, and carve out a few slivers to achieve this.

View attachment 777157View attachment 777159
Yikes, too many thingies! Not sure jut What I would do for This one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back