German Claims East, West, and Spanish Civil War

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GregP

Major
Jul 28, 2003
Chino, California, U.S.A.
I was looking through my older data and found the old Tony Woods German claims text files. I am much better at Excel than I used to be and started a second try at parsing them into Excel.

The attached file has the Tony Woods text files in three tabs, and then Excel format tabs and, finally, a tab of combined east-west claims. Then, on the combined tab, I went through and changed many of the claims to a more consistent format. By way of example, a claim for a P-40 could be:
1) Curtiss P-40
2) Curtiss Warhawk
3) P-40
4) P-40E
5) P-40N
6) Kittyhawk
7) Curtiss Kittihawk
8) Tomahawk
9) Curtiss Tomahawk
10) Various misspellings of the above

So, I changed all of the above into "P-40", along with various listing for other types. These will be under the "Combined " tab. The East, West, and Sp Cvl War tabs have not had the claimed victim updated, only the combined tab.

Just wanted to share this. These are claims, not vetted kills, and they come from Tony Woods, not me. I have never seen a study of vetted German victories, only the claims files. If you HAVE a vetted list, please share it.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Claims New.xlsx
    15.5 MB · Views: 76
Hi fubar57,

Yes, I'm currently parsing the 1939 - 1945 Safarik files (the first 6 files on that site) into Excel, but it is WAY more difficult than the Tony Woods files. It has about another 1400 or so entries than Tony's files. The thing is, both sites are claims only. There has been SOME vetting for each, but most comes from books known to the community, and there is no complete, known set of data. These two places are possibly the best we'll ever get for claims.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back