Girls and Aircraft - Volume II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This reminds me of when my Mom had returned from a trip. I came by for dinner. She showed me an emergency evacuation card they put in every seat. She wanted to give it to her niece for "Show and tell". I asked Mom if it was for her niece to tell her classmates "My Aunt is a felon."? I then showed Mom the line on the card "Do not remove from airplane."

At least I read them, mostly to see what variant I'm flying.

I don't think I've posted this one before.....

TWAad1953.jpg

The stewardess has a clipboard because she is taking bets on how many engines they would have running when they landed at the destination. I recall hearing an old Lufthansa pilot describe the Super Connie as "a three-engined airplane with four engines."

A friend of mine flew on EC-121's out of McDill AFB in the 60's. He said they would shut down two engines when patrolling between Cuba and Nicaragua. Aside from saving fuel I guess that also ensured they could land with four engines running.

No - and it was not Air Agony (Air Niugini) where some of the first time passengers piss their pants on take off and the ventilation spreads the acrid odiferous vapours right throughout the aircraft.

Eye watering to the max
Really? I hope the seat upholstery is vinyl, not cloth…

A friend of mine flew on EC-121's out of McDill AFB in the 60's. He said they would shut down two engines when patrolling between Cuba and Nicaragua. Aside from saving fuel I guess that also ensured they could land with four engines running.
My dad told me b-36 pilots would do the same thing when doing long distance patrols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back