Good photo archives to purchase photos from?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BarnOwlLover

Staff Sergeant
Nov 3, 2022
Mansfield, Ohio, USA
I know of and have purchased items from Imperial War Museum and San Diego Air and Space Museum. Anyone know of any others that might sell HQ photos of World War II aviation-themed stuff?

Not selling but one can dl for free high def pictures on fold3.com .
Select
Put on usb
Go to local print shop or print yourself.

I'm actually wondering about archives like what the authors of some of the books I've purchased. I've tried to find some of them online (or at least info about them), but I've come up kind of dry. But then again, I sort of doubt that ones like the Gerry Belzer or Stan Piet archives would deal with individual purchases (they seem to more like licensing their images for books and publications). I've also seen references to the National Archives and Archives of the USAF for some of those works as well.

I'm looking to digitally download these photos, not have physical photos (though at least SDASM offers that for dirt cheap). I'm also in particular interested in say P-51H, F-82 and Lightweight Mustang photos as well.

It kind of seems like these being post war aircraft and/or experimental is why I've been having trouble finding such photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back