Group builds.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you chaps run out of ideas....here's a few sets from Peddinghaus Decals.

Attachments

• Geschwaderabzeichen JG 54.jpg
    Geschwaderabzeichen JG 54.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 54
  • Staffelwappen der deutschen Luftwaffe Teil 1.jpg
    Staffelwappen der deutschen Luftwaffe Teil 1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Staffelwappen der deutschen Luftwaffe Teil 2.jpg
    Staffelwappen der deutschen Luftwaffe Teil 2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Staffelwappen der deutschen Luftwaffe Teil 3.jpg
    Staffelwappen der deutschen Luftwaffe Teil 3.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Staffelwappen der deutschen Luftwaffe Teil 4.jpg
    Staffelwappen der deutschen Luftwaffe Teil 4.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Staffelwappen Deutscher Nachtjäger.jpg
    Staffelwappen Deutscher Nachtjäger.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 50
  • Staffelwappen JG 27.jpg
    Staffelwappen JG 27.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 66
Guys, Terry has brought up something I want to throw out here and see what the concensus is...

As most know, Ive been working on a Dora-9 JV44 crate for some time now.... Terry has recommended that I submit this model for the Group Build.... As it hasnt yet been finished either in the building or painting department, this could possibly work for me....

The date is alittle off, and it didnt exactly protect the Reich, but the 262's who were... In essence, it did protect the Reich...

Comments???

I don't see any problem with that brother Dan. I'll be tossing in "my" 13 from the same staffeln, so.... Might do another 13 as well if I could make my mind up about which one....besides the one mentioned earlier Yellow 13 from 15./JG 53and now I'm leaning towards Bartels kite in which he disappeared in December '44....decisions, decisions..:lol:

Ok Evan will get some stuff off over the next couple of days.....scratch W.Nr.350158 it is 220014!

Damn, I'd forgotten that! Thanks mate ! :D

...And Dan, in my opinion, if ya wanna enter the D-9 go for it! Be nice to see her finished!

BTW, I have various RD markings for the FW 190D-9, Me 262, and Bf 109G-10 in 1:72 (aswell as various staffel emblems).
If anyone needs any for the build, let us know.

Nice offer,A4K, I can add a few 1/72nd JG badges, as seen on the post about decals for Dan; some are possibly a bit overscale, and would work for 1/48th too.
Back to Dan's Dilemma; can't see why you (or anyone) can't enter more than one model, in different scale categories. Be nice to see your Dora, and the 1/48th JG77 bird. BTW Dan, first, I've got a B&W pic of the latter, from the same book, if it will help. Second, how do you rate the Academy G14 kit? I've done 3 of their 1/48th kits so far, P47, P38 and F86, and they were all excellent, especially value for money wise. Be handy to know, as I intend doing a batch of different 109's some time in the future.

Just looked at the rest of your post Jan, covering the Peddinghaus stuff. Boy, have they got a good range! I must find the patience to look at their web-site properly - it always seems just a little cumbersome and rather slow, even with translation. Problem is, it would be very easy to get carried away, and spend far to many beer tokens on decals!!

Well,first of all....timewise for this groupbuild, it was mentioned I think earlier, when I first put this thingy out, that it would cover any kind of machines in the defence of the Reich from the beginning of Operation Bodenplatte January 1 '45 to VE-Day. But as we went along I think it was said to include same as before, any flying machines in the defence of the Reich, but from '43 to VE-Day instead, that way it'd give a wider range of possible prototypes to build, which I think is great and Luftwaffe was pretty much on the defence from then on anyway....
Also, as Dan and Terry's been talking about entering Lord Whoopass' JV44 kite, that should be alright, as it isn't finished. Any else in the same seat can do the same I think, as I feel that it could spur people to finish that certain model that's been collecting dust in the corner, so any other with unfinished kits out there, enter them into the groupbuild as well and get them finished...:lol:
You could also enter as many models as you want and feel that you can finish before VE-Day, May 7th 2009, may it be 1, 2, 3 or more...and in any scale too, 1/144, 1/72, 1/48 etc....even 1/1 if you can afford it! 8) :lol:
Anykind of dioramas would be nice to see as well I think personally, so get in there....would do one myself, but I'm too green yet, so I'll leave that for later and let the pros do their thing, do their stuff....
Those that would like to have a friendly wee competition, let's leave that to the pros as well to make up a few guidelines or "rules" and classes, to get things running smoothly....

Anyone else that have ideas...?

I'm thinking of going with a 1/48 JU-88 G-6 nightfighter version, that 1/24 190 looks a bit daunting! I might try building the bird that landed in Ireland on May 3, 1945. The 3 Luftwaffe crew escaped/defected from Denmark, I'm trying to find pics, I saw some online a while ago.

Just finished up the camo on the wings... I tried to do the motteling like u did for ur wing camo on Siegfrieds A-9 Wayne, and my airbrush just didnt cooperate... It kept on hanging up where I'd release the trigger and the air/paint kept coming out, then slowly would stop.... I cleaned it out real good, including soaking the parts in thinner...

And it still did it, so I went and painted it like I know how... Ill post some pics up once she dries out some and I can remove the masking...

Guys... we need to consolidate our Group Build threads. Can we close one or the other? And if not, let's properly name them to reflect (1) basis for Group Build 2009 and (2) Group Build 2009 Participant Subjects... or some such.

Also, as Dan and Terry's been talking about entering Lord Whoopass' JV44 kite, that should be alright, as it isn't finished. Any else in the same seat can do the same I think, as I feel that it could spur people to finish that certain model that's been collecting dust in the corner, so any other with unfinished kits out there, enter them into the groupbuild as well and get them finished...:lol:

As long as the bloody canopy ain't the last thing they gotta do! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back