H.S. Andover E3, 115 Sqn RAF, 1/72nd scale.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks chaps.

Just been studying some of the detail pics I took at Cosford, and there's a shed load of NACA ducts, small intakes, and other details that need to be added to the engine nacelles / cowlings, as shown below.
I'll attempt to replicate these before fitting the engine assemblies to the wings.

Ev 32.jpg
Ev 34.jpg
Ev 37.jpg

Yep, I'd thought about that Andy, but decided to "have a go".
Work has started on the starboard nacelle / cowling, with the ducts roughly carved and filed. When all of the ducts have been cut, on both nacelles, they'll be lightly sanded to clean-up the edges then, once the model has been painted, they'll be accentuated with a slightly darker shade of red.
Some small intake scoops need to be made and added, and a couple of holes drilled to represent small exhaust and inspection ports.
The kit provides white metal intakes for the port side of each engine, but the "flatter" intakes on the starboard sides will need to be fabricated, probably using sliced tube or plastic card.
The joints between the engine cowlings and the nacelles also need attention.
Apologies for the rather poor pics, showing the progress so far on the starboard nacelle.

Andover build 115 Sqn 104.JPG
Andover build 115 Sqn 106.JPG

Thanks chaps.
Not much more to show just yet, as I'm still working on the ducts.
My arms and shoulders are very stiff today (must have slept in a strange position), making work slow and uncomfortable, so I'm having a break, and hope to get the work copmpleted tomorrow, and I'll post pics then.

Thanks chaps.
Not much more to show just yet, as I'm still working on the ducts.
My arms and shoulders are very stiff today (must have slept in a strange position), making work slow and uncomfortable, so I'm having a break, and hope to get the work copmpleted tomorrow, and I'll post pics then.
Yeah...... lets call it slept in a strange position.

1692903657097.png

As it's been over a month since my last up-date, due to being in Norfolk at the "Tin Tent", I thought I'd better check in.
Now that I'm home, I have some catching up to do on domestic things and other stuff, but I hope to re-commence work on the Andover very soon, hopefully this coming weekend, and get the nacelles finished and fitted, and then start work on the spotlight under the nose.
I'll post pics as soon as there's something worth showing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back