Handley Page Halifax Manuals

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Baball

Airman 1st Class
Dec 26, 2018
France
  • German manual titled "Flight Instructions for the British Bomber Halifax III", dated february 1945. The manual was translated from "Pilot's Notes for Halifax III" of March 1944.
  • Pilot's and Engineer's Notes for Halifax II & V
  • Pilot's and Engineer's Notes for Halifax III & VII
  • Pilot's Notes for Halifax B VI

Attachments

• Fluganweisung zum britischen Kampfflugzeug Halifax III.pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 553
  • Pilot's and Engineer's Notes Halifax II & V.pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 374
  • Pilot's and Engineer's Notes Halifax III & VII.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 360
  • Pilot's Notes for Halifax B VI.pdf
    12.4 MB · Views: 368
Last edited:
  • German manual titled "Flight Instructions for the British Bomber Halifax III", dated february 1945. The manual was translated from "Pilot's Notes for Halifax III" of March 1944.
  • Pilot's and Engineer's Notes for Halifax II & V
  • Pilot's and Engineer's Notes for Halifax III & VII
  • Pilot's Notes for Halifax B VI
HI HAS ANYONE GOT A COPY OF Provisional pilot's notes, Halifax III PLEASE THANKS MIKE

HI HAS ANYONE GOT A COPY OF Provisional pilot's notes, Halifax III PLEASE THANKS MIKE

I have this one, I can not upload due to copy right but if there is something specific I might be able to help

Halifax III.jpg

Great stuff! Hanks for posting. Does anyone have a copy of the August 2004 issue of Flypast magazine? It had an article on RCAF Halifax Squadron 432 that was based at Eastmoor. If someone has this magazine and could post that article, that would be great. Thanks.

Hello, Is there also a manual for the navigator, wireless operator and bomb aimer avialable?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hello, Is there also a manual for the navigator, wireless operator and bomb aimer avialable?

Thanks a lot for your help.
I don't know for sure but as far as I know the various non-pilot/engineer crew would not have had aircraft-specific manuals. They would have been trained on their respective equipment and pored over Air Publications associated with their equipment rather than the aircraft itself. For example, a bomb aimer operating a Mk XIV Bomb Sight, which was carried on several types, would have had to be familiar with Air Publication 1730A Volume I Chapter 9. Similarly AP1659A Volume I Chapter 14 covered the Fraser Nash F.N.20A turret mounted in the Wellington, Stirling, Lancaster and Warwick and that document would have been one of the references for a rear gunner on those aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back