Help heroes by drinking beeros

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aggie08

Staff Sergeant
Apr 15, 2005
Texas
Help For Heroes | Launch of beer to help wounded troops | Spitfire Ale | The Sun |HomePage|News

Help heroes by drinking beeros

By TOM NEWTON DUNN

Published: Today

A BREWERY has launched a new beer to help wounded troops.

All profits from Help For Heroes Spitfire Ale will go to the charity it is named after.

And brewer Shepherd Neame is even giving away 10,000 bottles to our Iraq heroes.

Last night the first crates were dispatched to seven returning units we dubbed the Lions of Basra.

Their 5,000 soldiers held the last British base in the southern city from a summer onslaught.

The beer was unveiled at Shepherd Neame's brewery in Faversham, Kent, yesterday and given the thumbs up from Corporal Derek McCulloch.

Brewery chief Jonathan Neame said: "We hope everyone raises a glass to those who risk their lives on our behalf."

The Sun-backed Help For Heroes has raised £1.3million toward its £5million target for a gym and pool at Headley Court rehab centre, Surrey.

Will your store stock the beer?

Call Shepherd Neame on 01795 532206.

[email protected]

Well done Shepherd Neame. What a generous contribution to the troops.:thumbup:
If I see this Ale at my local, (even though it's a pommie brew :) ) I will buy some.

@Aggie08 thanks for pointing this out.

What does pommie brew mean?

And no problem, I had a feeling this little act of kindness would be well received here... if any makes it across the pond, I'm gettin some! I would anyways I think with a name like "Heroes Spitfire Ale."

"What does pommie brew mean?"

English Beer. :)

Sorry it took so long to reply. I have been away.

All the best.
Graham. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back