Votes: 16 28.6%
  • 71-80

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • 81-90

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • 91+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

(Good. While they're all fighting, no-one can take MY TB.2!)*

Actually all bought for my kids, but I still get to fly TB.2 round the house making whooshing noises.
(Kids are the best excuse for getting all the things you wished you'd had as a kid, but couldn't get :))

As for age, I'm 50, but you're only as old as the woman you feel, so knock 8 years off that.

Just remember, growing old is compulsory but acting your age is optional.
My wonderful wife says I'm the biggest kid she knows and she is always right.
My late father told me on my wedding day the 2 rules for a happy marriage are, rule 1 your wife is always right, rule 2 when your wife is wrong, refer to rule 1
I am just coming up to my 66th birthday and I have been making models since I was 7, my grandma gave me my first kit, Airfix's Spitfire Mk IX in the plastic bag.
By the time it was finished there was more glue than plastic.

Just remember, growing old is compulsory but acting your age is optional.
My wonderful wife says I'm the biggest kid she knows and she is always right.
My late father told me on my wedding day the 2 rules for a happy marriage are, rule 1 your wife is always right, rule 2 when your wife is wrong, refer to rule 1
I am just coming up to my 66th birthday and I have been making models since I was 7, my grandma gave me my first kit, Airfix's Spitfire Mk IX in the plastic bag.
By the time it was finished there was more glue than plastic.
Ahh yes the glue and leaving vinger prints...

Good times.

I knew most of yall were old, but wasn't expecting that old. :laughing6:
All jokes aside, it's cool to see the stereotype of older people not knowing how to use the internet being broken
The stereotype was true when computers and the internet were introduced. In the 1970s we had a "computer terminal" in the steelworks to access chemical analysis data from the main computer system I had a few colleagues who messed about with computers at home in the early 1980s. By 1985 I was in Saudi Arabia and most guys had a computer in their room mainly to play games. By 1990 I was in Paris accessing and inputting data remotely into the head office database in Yokohama with what was called VAX. By 1995 all contracts had terms in them that visiting inspectors must be provided with an office and lots of stuff including internet access. I am now 63 which you may consider old but I have been involved with computers since my early 20s, my mother was always mystified by the whole thing but she is no longer with us and would be 95 if she was.

It was this "old people" generation who invented the internet.

These are the same people who know how to speed dial a rotary telephone, drive a column-shift manual transmission (as well as a floor stick), read an analog clock and would not consider eating laundry detergent "pods".

:)

It was this "old people" generation who invented the internet.

These are the same people who know how to speed dial a rotary telephone, drive a column-shift manual transmission (as well as a floor stick), read an analog clock and would not consider eating laundry detergent "pods".

:)
As a weapon of war, in service, the computer and the jet engine are contemporaries but the computer was marginally the winner, colossus Mk I in service in early 1944 at Bletchley Park Colossus Mk II on June 1st 1944.

As a weapon of war, in service, the computer and the jet engine are contemporaries but the computer was marginally the winner, colossus Mk I in service in early 1944 at Bletchley Park Colossus Mk II on June 1st 1944.
Zuse made the first Turing- complete computer in 1941. That was even before Turing knew what complete was.
If one is not too picky, Charles Babbage designed the first Turing complete machine in 1837, so that would be the first computer. Unfortunately it was not build until 1991.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back