Hurricane Katrina and Me...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

if anything Les encouragement and your thoughts are all normal so don't freak out if you feel that you shouldn't be ........

I was just watching the news on the net here during my lunch break regarding the aid being sent from many nations to assist the people enduring this tragedy.

The Mexican navy will take part in the effort sending one navy supply ship. The name of the vessel is "Paloapan" -or something like that; i am not very good with some mexican words-.

The vessel will be carrying two Mi-17 helicopters, several "Ural" all-terrain vehicles, amphibious vehicles, drinking water, medical teams, a mobile hospital and other supplies.

Nature might wipe out roads, houses, complete towns, and even take the lives of the friends, daughters, sons and parents of so many. It shall never break human spirit.

Enclosed is a photo of the departing vessel.

Attachments

• papaloapan_119.jpg
    papaloapan_119.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 374
i think the ship's name is papaloapan

lesofprimus said:
New Orleans has been wiped out guys... I dont know what they are showing on the TV worldwide, but the death toll will probably top 10,000 dead....

My friends mother and grandmother are missing there.....
now the question is if they want to go back to n.o. , after all the rebuilding.
as you noted n.o has been wiped out, then what?
it is going to be a ghost city?
are peolpe willing to return?
to tell you the truth, i highly doubt it, they will try to start in other paces but n.o.

Hey Les. Glad to see you survived. If you know by now New Orleans has turned into a battlefield. Choppers being shot at, civilains attacked, National Guardsmen engaging fire fights, the gangsters seem to want New Orleans to reamain the same with all of its crimes, looting, and raping.

Glad you made it...

And one other thing, does anybody know how the D-Day museum is? The museum is located in New Orleans and im afraid all the WWII history has been damaged or totalled.

The museum itself isn't that far from the Superdome. My wife and I passed by it a few years ago, but it wasn't open for business yet at the time. I think most folks around there have other priorities right now.

Hi Les,
was away for some days and spotted this thread just yesterday.
Nothing much I can say or do, I join the others in being happy that you are OK and being sad for what happened.
Only one word: New Orleans will rise again, like all cities hit by earthquakes or floods. Now it is time for depression and grief but soon will be time for reconstruction and hope.
Sandro

Thank you for ur thoughts... This whole experience has changed my life, and the lives of thousands of others...

I would assume, as do most down here, that New Orleans will turn into another Las Vegas... There is going to be alot of prime real estate coming up on the market once they bulldoze all those flooded poor neighborhoods...

the reality is when if anything is going to happend during the flood stages. Insurance companies cannot even assess without flying over. the cruelity is seeking those lost in their homes wherever they are in the death stage and several of us know first hand what water does to a dead body for any length of time.

Correct me if I am wrong Les but all I have is the slight coverage here in Oregon from the air; the bulldozers are clearing out the roads so the homeowners can come back and see if anything is left. The real pain to me is seeing the homes right on the shoreline just pushed back looks lie, 100 yds or more or as Les has stated visually there is just nothing but a foundation and busted up sticks. almost like the homes internally exploded.

this is definatley a time for the Biloxi citizenry to bind together as never before. Les as to sending cash, check, money orders and whathaveyou and since the postal service seems out of commission where is best to send a letter with the funds ? or should we all wait for another week or so ?

Erich ~

Just wait for now until things calm down alittle bit... They are trying to establish postal routes as we speak, so hopefully things will get going soon....

Ill let u guys know when things can get done, mail-wise...

Thank you all once again for ur kindness and graciousness.... It is greatly appreciated......

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back