If you were a pilot in ww2 which plane would you want to fly (1 Viewer)

What plane woul you want to use going into combat

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

going for for the 51 of course. but depending on the year i would jump in certain versions of the 109 and 190s. and who wouldnt want to try a 262!!

" If the US had to pick one fighter bomber to produce during the war, it should have been the Corsair." -Rex Barber- one of the P38 pilots who killed Admiral Yamamato. page 19, "Corsair" by Barrett Tillman. Another man's opinion but one with real experience.

for high altitude "boom and zoom", then low altitude strafign and bomb runs, you can't beat the P-47!1 and Despite the fact that my favs are the P-51B first, the spitfire IX second, overall, I'd go Jug- if you faced a experten at 15 to 20K in an FW190, he'd be pumping cannon rounds at you and we are talking a lot of german "lead". above 25K? the dora model or a 109 K- fast and deadly both. The Spitfires and mustangs could easily tangle with the Luftwaffes best, but in a life or death, where BOTh could be taken out by a single cannon round? tougher plane to take down and you could DIVe like hell to get away, utrn the nose up and come screaming back to pour the ammo of 8 .50 cals into your enemy!

Would love to fly the 262, 51 or any of the choices.

But going on personal taste and according to the many reports of pilots - outside of its performance and looks - that the Spitfire just made you feel comfortable in it, I'm going with the Spitty!

Why not!? The Owl is the penultimate of twin engine technology. Fast, maneuverable, firepower, with twin ejection seats for when my analysis is completely wrong... that's a great choice. :lol: I think.

Take the VHF frickengrubben antennas off the front of her and she is a thing of beauty.

Hawker Hurricane for me but as it's not listed I chose the Mosquito

I'd like to fly and fight in a Spitfire XIV. Fantastic performance and by the time it entered service most of my opponents were barely trained,which increases my chance of survival more than any aeroplane.
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back