I'm Finally Back

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got home from work about 8PM and just now got the first touch up coat on. I will let it dry for I have to sand a couple of boo boos and finish off tomorrow and untape it.

ABW, don't know what kind of masking tape you are using, looks kinda like the standard green painters tape. I used to use that but from time to time had similar troubles including bleeding under the edge. I have since switched to Frogtape Painters Tape which is treated with an ingredient to block edge leak and pulls away with much easier and cleaner. Give it a try

Tamiya masking tape tends not to lift paint, but whatever tape used, I always run it between finger and thumb first, to remove some of the tack. It still sticks, but is less likely to lift paint when removed.

Yeah, I think I will have to find another type. I did kill it by running it over my pant leg quite a few times but it still was not enough.I will see if I can find the types you and Mike have suggested Terry. Thank you guys. In the mean time I am still working on some of the few small parts left.

I have a couple of ideas to try and after I get some sustenance here in a little bit I think I will put it to the test.:)
Well, in my haste, I forgot an important step. Feather the chipped edges stupid. Sand it tomorrow and and shoot the white again. I may get done with this one day if I can get my head out of my a$$.:lol:

Last edited:
There is always a way.

0002663.jpg

I got all the sanding done to fix my screw ups and now I need to redo the anti-glare green on top of the engine cowl before I do the white. I got some of the aluminum smeared through it and can't get it of, it's dry but still won't come off. To fine I guess. I am going to the paint store tomorrow and getting some wide stripe tape and will use it to do what I need to to get this finished. The stripe tape does not stick as aggressively as the masking tape and pulls a real nice edge when your done. Here's what I have so far. I can see some more sanding is needed sooooooo.

Attachments

• IMG_4769 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_4769 resized 20.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4770 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_4770 resized 20.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
A very light rub down, and a couple or more thin coats of white should cure it Aaron. For future reference though, always, where possible, apply solid colours before metallic colours, to avoid this happening, and also to avoid the metallic particles migrating into the solid colour. White is particularly prone to absorbing metallics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back