Japanese aircraft gun serial numbers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ozziammo

Recruit
Mar 22, 2020
Greetings all,
Does anyone know if Japanese aircraft had their guns assigned & serial numbers recorded during WWII? If so where would one look for these records?
Thanks,
Ozziammo.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK try again. Does any one know if Japanese aircraft guns during WW2 were issued to aircraft and the serial numbers of the guns recorded against the aircraft? Is it possible to trace a guns serial number through aircraft records?
Thanks,
Ozziammo.

Historically "J**" was the most common term used in Allied propaganda, but in today's world the term "J**" is simply an abbreviated form of Japan or Japanese, to be polite using a J instead of j IMHO. Much like the term Brit is extremely popular as a modern way to describe British ie. Brit-Pop, BRIT awards. Although I don't recommend calling Germans germs even with a capital G.....LOL

There may be someone on J-aircraft who has an idea if the fitted gun serials was recorded on each plane, I have never heard of any plane doing it but I assume there must be given your question?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was stationed at a joint USAF/JSDAF base, Yamada Camp, in the mid 60's, we were warned not to use the phrase , and when someone made the mistake and did use it, the reaction from the Japanese wasn't good.
They certainly didn't see it just as a abbreviation, they saw it as a insult, at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back