Jumo 213A-1 Hose Attachment Points

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MilSpecArt

Recruit
Jan 24, 2022
I am restarting work on a fairly serious Fw-190D-9 build in 1/32 scale begun years ago but set aside because of my lack of information on the Jumo 213A-1 engine. The wheel wells are open on the D-9 which means the rear of the engine can be seen, especially the hoses and various lines that carry coolant, fuel, and oil. If you study the images that I have created you will see a number of hoses that proceed from the firewall and connect to the engine. Does anyone know exactly which hoses from the engine ( listed with letters ) connect to the attachment points ( listed with numbers ) on the firewall? There are no diagrams available that show the hoses leading from the rear of the engine to the firewall in the correct order. And photos from various sources show the hoses, but fail to show the necessary transitional views. Who wants to play "Pin the Hose on the Jumo?"

Attachments

• FIREwallLABELED copy.jpg
    FIREwallLABELED copy.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 94
  • ENGINE-2 copy.jpg
    ENGINE-2 copy.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 91
  • ENGINE-1 copy.jpg
    ENGINE-1 copy.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 89
It's in German but you might find the answer here in the attached doc that I downloaded from somewhere on this forum:

Attachments

• JUMO 213 A-1 u. C-0 Motoren-Handbuch.pdf
    81.2 MB · Views: 171
That is a very nice download Crimea. Can you say what the title page handwritten comment says please?

Eng

No idea. Looks Cyrillic.
OK. The Jumo 213A-1 u C-0 Handbuch is a good document. Unfortunately it doesn't help much with the details of the D-9 firewall plumbing as it is very much concerned with pure engine details. A great download though!
Cheers

Eng

That is a very nice download Crimea. Can you say what the title page handwritten comment says please?

Eng

The handwritten text is a kind of dedication. ...

For the Aircraft Engine History Center SGAU ( Samara State Aerospace University )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From V. N. Orlov , working from 1949 to 1953 with German experts in the Administrative City at the N. D. Kuznetsov's OKB.

V. Orlov, 4 March 1998.

The handwritten text is a kind of dedication. ...

For the Aircraft Engine History Center SGAU ( Samara State Aerospace University )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From V. N. Orlov , working from 1949 to 1953 with German experts in the Administrative City at the N. D. Kuznetsov's OKB.

V. Orlov, 4 March 1998.

Thanks Wurger! A very interesting bit of info.

Eng

Thank you Gentlemen for your response.

Crimea, the Motor Handbook is a very nice treat to see as it is the original document in color. It presents the Jumo 213 in general, but does not directly show the certain features of its application in the D-9 in terms of connection points. Thank you for attaching it to the post.

Snautzer, thank you for the fuel line images. I believe that most of the hoses/lines are fuel related. And the as I study what you have sent I will share share my rough conclusions for your opinions.

Here is an example of my 2 dimensional work that requires absolute attention to detail in the same manner in which I approach my model work.

Attachments

• MidNight.jpg
    MidNight.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 42
Hi MilSpecArt,
I will try to define the exact purposes of the various lines later today for you.
Cheers

Eng

Hi MilSpecArt,
I will try to define the exact purposes of the various lines later today for you.
Cheers

Eng
Eng,

That would be deeply appreciated. I have taken it as a personal challenge to understand this motor even to the extent that
after my 1/32 scale D-9 is complete I may build a replica Jumo 213A-1 by itself in a larger scale.

MilSpec

Eng,

That would be deeply appreciated. I have taken it as a personal challenge to understand this motor even to the extent that
after my 1/32 scale D-9 is complete I may build a replica Jumo 213A-1 by itself in a larger scale.

MilSpec
If you build the 213 i have perhaps documentc

I am restarting work on a fairly serious Fw-190D-9 build in 1/32 scale begun years ago but set aside because of my lack of information on the Jumo 213A-1 engine. The wheel wells are open on the D-9 which means the rear of the engine can be seen, especially the hoses and various lines that carry coolant, fuel, and oil. If you study the images that I have created you will see a number of hoses that proceed from the firewall and connect to the engine. Does anyone know exactly which hoses from the engine ( listed with letters ) connect to the attachment points ( listed with numbers ) on the firewall? There are no diagrams available that show the hoses leading from the rear of the engine to the firewall in the correct order. And photos from various sources show the hoses, but fail to show the necessary transitional views. Who wants to play "Pin the Hose on the Jumo?"
Hi MilSpec,
I have tried to corelate your illustration of the front frame and the info in ersatzteile-liste posted by Snautzer. There is difficulty in doing this as the position and precise numbering of the connections do not match. Your own first illustration shows 1 to 10 on the LHS, but I can see only 1 to 9 and, there is a horizontal displacement issue at positions 5 and 6 between the drawings. However, I think that I have solved the fuel system pipe connections. Note that the Teile-liste shows those connections as Argus type flexible pipes with alloy unions. The noticably larger dia two are at positions 7 and 8 in my view. BTW, "Pipe" 10 can't be seen and, I don't have certainty on 11 and 12 on the RHS. So, here is my list, 1 to 9 on LHS:
1. ?
2. ?
3. Fuel feed to windscreen washing system.
4. Pressurised Air feed to external fuel tank pressurising system.
5. Engine primer fuel feed from SUM pump in cockpit.
6. ?
7. Larger bore fuel feed pipe from rear tank, via LH fuel cock and LH filter bowl. Feeds the engine filter inlet "F/G" on your illustration.
8. Larger bore fuel feed pipe from front tank, via RH fuel cock and RH filter bowl. Feeds the engine filter inlet "F/G" on your illustration.
9. ?
There is insufficient info to say exactly which the ? connections are. However, they should cover; Boost Pressure, Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure and a Fuel/Air return from the de-aerator. These do not seem to be in the same positions as the BMW versions.
Now, the pipes you label as B,C,D,E.
B is the fuel pressure to cockpit.
C is the Fuel/Air return from de-aerator.
D is the boost pressure to cockpit.
E is the starter priming fuel line.
Hope that helps.

Eng

Gentlemen,
Thank you for the various responses and pdf files, especially the conclusions sent by Engiineman. Give me a little while to
further my study. The Jumo is a complex little motor to my mind. The Bediengerät, I believe, adds to this complexity with
the operations of it being directed to the engine by mechanical means over against computerized and electrical means.

Give me a few days to further my studies and I will share, at that time, my progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back