LUFTWAFFE WERKE NUMMER DECALS.....PROBABLY AGAIN

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Many are slightly miffed that there aren't specific decal sheets for these as there are for RAF, USAAF, and Japanese aircraft. These are the closest fonts I can find, some probably already have these downloaded...

font.JPG

Downloads are here. Identify Fonts - The Font Squirrel Matcherator I've just downloaded 8 more Luftwaffe and RAF fonts from another source. I'll test drive them and post them once I remember how to upload them

The one typeface used in Germany from 1931 through the end of the war was DIN 1451 Mittelschrift (which is one of the fonts I used), and is similar to the Blockschrift font.

The stylized numbers often seen (like in the example above) are rooted in either Sutterlin or Fraktur. Sutterlin is much newer than Fraktur and came into being about WWI but both were banned in Germany in 1941.

The stylized numbers often seen (like in the example above) are rooted in either Sutterlin or Fraktur. Sutterlin is much newer than Fraktur and came into being about WWI but both were banned in Germany in 1941.

If you're talking about my Dora tail, there is clear photo evidence of the style I replicated from a photograph taken in May 1945. It's in a JaPo volume and I don't want to post the full photo due to copyright but here is an excerpt:

Capture.JPG

If you're talking about my Dora tail, there is clear photo evidence of the style I replicated from a photograph taken in May 1945. It's in a JaPo volume and I don't want to post the full photo due to copyright but here is an excerpt:
That's the one and is a great example of some of the unique things that pop up every so often with German military hardware.
Fraktur and Sutterlin were officially banned in 1941 by Hitler via Bormann, but it still appeared in various venues over the next four years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back