ME109e nose detail

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bangiepangie

Airman
Mar 23, 2008
Dundee, Scotland
Hi there, I'm currently modelling a cg 109e and although I have plenty reference pics I am struggling to get a good close up of the catches/clips which secure the engine covers as per the pic attached.

If anyone has any sharp close up pics of these they would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 200
I always thought dzus fasteners were the 1/4 turn cam type locks (you can see I'm not a mechanical engineer!)
The fixing on the Bf109 is more of a locking latch.
Steve

Hi bangiepangie -- I'm don't live far from the Flying Heritage Collection in Everett, WA. They've got a genuine 109 E-3 so I can shoot plenty of close-ups. It may be a couple weeks before I'm back (I was there earlier today before I saw your post!), so don't hesitate to send me a PM if I don't post something by then. If you need any other detail shots let me know.

Hi Bangiepangie -- Hopefully the following shots are what you need. If not (or if you need something else) shoot me an PM. You asked me about the inside wheel, but there's not much to see because of the cover. Nonetheless, I included a shot. I threw in a couple other details I thought you might find interesting. Just a reminder that this is the 109 E-3 at the Flying Heritage Collection in Everett, Washington.

Attachments

• radiator.jpg
    radiator.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 242
  • Latch.jpg
    Latch.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Latch, lower.jpg
    Latch, lower.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Chin radiator.jpg
    Chin radiator.jpg