Meanwhile downunder...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, don't know exactly! Your, Housos are positively civilized compared to our home-grown Hillbilly/Rednecks. The two terms are not exactly interchangeable. Rednecks are kinda hillbillys corrupted by civilization. True hillbillys are a rare breed as civilization encroaches on their habitat. Theirs is the simple pioneer life
d7d62e792e42d121eed1ac94acf2ca7c.gif

Now when they come down out of the hills and take on some of the trappings of civilization you have your true REDNECK sort of half hillybilly and half city-dweller. Not one for houses and apartments Rednecks choose the TRAILER and in city fashion convert them into Condos
rednecks-with-guns-outside-trailer.jpg

redneck-mansion-1.jpg

Now just like your HOUSOS, Rednecks have their own language/dialect which is not easy for outsiders to comprehend. That Housos series needs subtitles!
main-qimg-1d1864c8f3b2cf0946432f4aa8a5c94b-c.jpg

Lastly the population is small and available partners are limited so family reunions are generally held so that the males in the family can find dates!
redneck-murders-redneck-teeth-matching-dna-demotivational-posters-1356222491.jpg

hillbillies-rednecks-45-728.jpg

I had a friend from England visit, and the subject of the term Redneck came up. We were trying to explain that the term could be used with both a negative and positive connotation. i.e. negative meaning un-educated inbred person from rural and agrarian background. Positive meaning country folk also usually from rural areas but typically educated not so much inbreeding and the kind of person you want at your back in a fight.

He thought on it for a minute and allowed that England had both kinds as well. He said the negative would be equivalent to the "Village Idiot" and the positive would be a footy fan from any of the major teams.

In the "family" photo I don't see "Uncle Grand Pa". He must have been with "Aunt Grand Ma". The women are flat chested but the men have jugs.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back