Migrant's 1/144 collection: Yak UT-1 added

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nicely done - and reminds me to finish the conversion to the old Revell 1/48th scale kit I started ... er.... some time ago !!

Mike, what an amazing job!!.
I had not seen a job in 1/144 with the level of excellence of yours. :salute:
Just out of curiosity ... how many have you already made? I would not miss to enjoy any.
The work of paint and cleaning in the canopies, is admirable.
Saludos y... queremos más :thumbup:

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the kind responses :thumbup:

This next one was a bit of a challenge: F-RSIN's Breguet 763 'Deux Ponts'. Despite the manufacturer's name it's a plastic kit, but short run and pretty basic. These two pics should give you an idea of what I had to work with:

Breguet06_800.jpg

Breguet08_800.jpg

It did eventually go together though, and was worth the effort to me because I love the subject.

Breguet03_800.jpg

Breguet05_800.jpg

Breguet07_800.jpg

Breguet02_800.jpg

I imagine the work to "clean" the excess plastic, in such tiny pieces !! :notworthy:
What type and brand of metallic paints did you use?

Nuevamente impresionante y saludos :thumbup:

Your 1/144 models are incredible. I build some 1/144 and thus really appreciate the perfection you achieve.
Can you share some of your techniques for maintaining cleanliness and precision?
I'm sure we all could a learn a lot from you!

Your 1/144 models are incredible. I build some 1/144 and thus really appreciate the perfection you achieve.
Can you share some of your techniques for maintaining cleanliness and precision?
I'm sure we all could a learn a lot from you!

Thanks for the kind words, Dave. There are no real tricks I use on 1/144, except that I make extensive use of an Optivisor; my eyesight just isn't good enough without some assistance. And I try to err on the side of understatement when it comes to things like weathering and surface detail, as I find it's so easy for me to over-do things in this scale. All the models are airbrushed using mainly Tamiya or Gunze lacquerss, with Alclad for metallics.

Time for an update. These are Mark 1's Brewster Buffalos, which come 2-in-a-box with both Finnish and US markings. In reality I think there might have been slight dimensional differences between the two variants, but in 1/144 I was prepared to overlook things. The Finnish Buffalo was, er, finished in the standard black/green camo, but when I gave it a final flat coat I discovered I'd not cleaned the airbrush properly after using Alclad Aluminum. The result was an interesting metal-flake effect. Rather than strip it/start over I brush painted the temporary winter scheme that the Finns used, and fortunately the metallic tint is barely visible now.

17_1_K.jpg

19_1k.jpg

24_1k.jpg

18_1k.jpg

1_K_9007.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back