Militaria Collecting

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I don't know Erich! But that specific night, almost all AA batteries opened fire simultaneously, for over 10 minutes. Was it a training or something else, we never informed.

German paperwork for the soldiers as well as the folks back home. Very fragile and of course faded over time so packed in protective covers.
IMG_4395.JPG

No, thanks- I'll leave it for serious collectors. I wonder where it was all these years?
I have had them for 25 years, I got them from Kent Lomont, and I have no idea who he got them from.

Do you think this ammo was 1938 & 1939 production or only "Model 19xx"? Berdan primers & steel cases I assume?
The ammo essentially remained unchanged during the annexation, the only difference was the Reichs Eagle being placed on the box as well as on the headstamp.

The boxes contain two 5-round groups each in an enbloc clip.

The rounds are a copper jacket bullet in a brass casing. Not sure of the primer type, though.

And my apologies - the Steyr is an 8x56r, not 8x57.

The ammo essentially remained unchanged during the annexation, the only difference was the Reichs Eagle being placed on the box as well as on the headstamp.

The rounds are a copper jacket bullet in a brass casing. Not sure of the primer type, though.

They are Berdan primed.

I am surprised by the brass casing. Weren't some wartime production steel cases or did that come much later?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back