Mitsubishi A6M8 CGI Project

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Aaron, A4K and Wayne:)
I'm devoting myself solely to tracing the wing plan of A6M5c and its later version.
There were some modifications on the rib nos.11, 12 and the leading edge between 12-17 as two cannons(20mm 13mm plus ammunitions) had to be mounted side by side.

Wing_tracing.JPG

It seems to me, that this CGI project is so accurate, there shouldn't be any reason why a builder wouldn't be able to build a replica.

They've done them with several Axis (there's even a replica KI-43 Hayabusa!) and Allied machines, so why not the A6M8? Perhaps this project (and thread) might bring about that very thing...we can only hope!!

Looking forward to your next progress report, Shinpachi!

Thank you very much for your nice comments, Aaron and GG.

When I was working for a Sumitomo factory, there were many aluminum scraps and I always thought it wasteful to let them abandon.
So, materials will be available for free or very cheap price though I have to negotiate. There were variety of tooling machines too.
As I was also engaged in applying budgets for factory facilities, I knew what was necessary to persuade directors for a project.
That was a set of documents composed of drawings, specification and application sheets.

Wow, I'm getting more serious now:shock:
Please take this as my murmuring.
Thanks!

A6M8_19image05abcRS.JPG

Thank you very much for your all kind words and good patience, vB, Gnomey, Merv, A4K, Wayne, Aaron and Eric!
I do appreciate from bottom of my heart.

I have a dozen of Minolta, Eric, but two third of them are out of service now.
So I purchased a Sony SLR to use their lenses.
I'm still a fan of old Minoltas as they fit to my hands well.

As you may know well, Maxxum was called Alpha in Japan.
X-series was also good.

Minolta_A7000.jpg

Hi,
I notised that you were wondering canopy rail movement.
My a pinion about this matter aftr studing few photographs.

Canopy in sliding straight looked ftom top, from side it goes slightly
downwards.

What comes exes ftom crossection is left behind canopu stringes.

Am i makeing any sense.

I have drawings of my own but i must find out how to store those
for you to see.

For Shipanschi
Realy wonderful work
I saw that you are also in contact whit 1/1 modell builders

Best regards
Ari Wikberg
[email protected]

Thanks Ari for checking my work.
As you see, the two rails are set not parallel but there is enough space in the rail cross section for the wheel to slide sideward.
Seeing from the side, yes, the rail goes slightly downward.

A couple of drawings attached here.

Canopy_rail_cross section00a&b_S.JPG
A6M_Canopy.JPG

Hey, Shinpachi
On your lower drawing section D-D the rail is out of the crossection at the top of rail and how i see it the roller dose not need to
go inwards att all.

Canopy.jpg
Crossections 2 ja 6.jpg

Last edited:
I have based my drawings on what i foud from net rails appart 646 from lowerpoint of the rail.
Canopy.jpg

Ari

Attachments

• Crossections 2 ja 6.jpg
    Crossections 2 ja 6.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Hey,

I also wonder how (tiny) small are the canopy rolers if those fit inside your giving measurements
Yours i think are outside dimenssions. I draw outside measures lik yours and inside as below. Photo
i found from net i can not remember whose.

Ari

Canopy rail.jpg

Canopy rail 2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back