Monogram/Revell 1/48 B-29

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BobB

Airman 1st Class
Nov 18, 2015
Georgia
Not show quality but this may entertain some bored people. The kit was an impulse purchase. After spending a long time fiddling with the interior details, I realized that they would be hidden once I joined the fuselage halves so I put my razor to work and cut away some skins.

Attachments

• IMG_0238.JPG
    IMG_0238.JPG
    340.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    421.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    381.5 KB · Views: 92
They are many ways of having satisfaction of modeling. Cutting fuselage?- why not. I like it.
One thing: why aircraft not painted overall?

They are many ways of having satisfaction of modeling. Cutting fuselage?- why not. I like it.
One thing: why aircraft not painted overall?
A cutaway doesn't need to pretend to be totally authentic and the molded color was reasonably good. I look at some people worrying about tire treads and rivets and think that at true scale, you wouldn't even be able to see those. Although, I suppose if I had made jagged cutaways, I could have said that it was authentic looking flak damage. There's a C-47 photo with a huge section of fuselage missing after being rammed by a Japanese plane so I guess that would be a great cutaway model subject.

The newer Airfix 1/72 scale C-47 kit has a detailed interior. However, I don't like the kits deep recessed panel lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back