N1K2-J Manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you very much Micdrow. 8) It will be very usefull!
Do you know if it's possible to get a version with highest definition?

Thank you very much Micdrow. 8) It will be very usefull!
Do you know if it's possible to get a version with highest definition?

Hi Lucky, Im not happy with these either. Maybe tommorrow Im going to see if I can improve them since I have a half day off from work. Thats actually how they look from the Japanese archive. I havent had a chance to go back but there are two more set's of documents for this aircraft that I have not gone through.

Hi everybody
Thank you very much Shinpachi this is really great stuff.
These plans are very useful for me to produce a model of N1K2. Here is a link to one of my achievements for those interested. Go to the bottom of the page to see the finished model.

Hi Thorlifter,
Yes, this is my model. I ended on September 2 2008. I intend to make a shidenkai, in the same spirit. That is why the manual scanned by Micdrow is so important to me.

Hi Thorlifter,
Yes, this is my model. I ended on September 2 2008. I intend to make a shidenkai, in the same spirit. That is why the manual scanned by Micdrow is so important to me.

Hi Lucky,

Ive tried a couple of things to enhance the pictures but Ive had no real success. I still have two more drawing sets to go through on this aircraft. I will try in the next couple of day to get at least one set done but the quality will probably be simular since thats the best the website has.

All the best
Paul

Hey Lucky,

That's a Beautiful Hellcat! (From the USS Princeton, right?)

I believe I MIGHT be able to help you out. It may take me a while though because I am not all that organised with my data. If you are impatient, look in the AeroDetail series book on the Shiden KAI. In the USA, we often can get books via Inter-Library loan from just about any place in the US. I got one of the AeroDetail books from a college in upstate New York a couple years ago. It did not cost me a thing, and 4 weeks was enough to scan what I wanted. I believe the drawings in these books are typically by a fellow named "Shigeru Nohara" and he does excellent work. The one for the Shiden-KAI has the dimensions between fuselage stations and just about every dimension you might be interested in. I actually own THAT particular book also, but have no clue where it is at the moment.

A friend of mine once photocopied a similar set of drawings from Maru Mechanic for me and I scanned them. The problem there is that I have no idea WHERE those are also!

My use of these drawings is for building 3D models for Combat Flight Simulator 1. Failing the drawings route, there is a Shiden-KAI sitting at NASM Udvar-Hazy about 30 miles from my house. I don't go there much though and you can only get so close to the aircraft during public hours.

Regards.
- Ivan.

Here is my trial CG modeling of N1K2-J based on the manual Micdrow introduced. I assume it is useful:)

Attachments

• N1K2-J_image01R.JPG
    N1K2-J_image01R.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 525
Hi everybody and thanks for those nice comments.
That's a Beautiful Hellcat! (From the USS Princeton, right?)
you're right, it's Richard Stambook Hellcat's from VF-27 on USS Princeton.
I have the aerodetail and maru mechanic, which are very interesting, but the document posted by Micdrow is even more so. Thank you for your help and will wait for the moment because I undertook to redraw the N1K2-J manual.

Here is my trial CG modeling of N1K2-J based on the manual Micdrow introduced. I assume it is useful
Thanks Shinpachi, great work, and very useful. Don't hesitate to post more! 8)

Hello All,

I hope this drawing is useful. A friend of mine scanned it for me a few years back, so I don't know the source. Can anyone figure out what the fuel tank capacities are on this aircraft?

Sorry it took so long.
- Ivan.

Attachments

• N1K2-J_Schematic.jpg
    N1K2-J_Schematic.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,323

Users who are viewing this thread

Back