Napalm for anti-shipping

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

"INERGEN® is a mixture of 52% Nitrogen, 40% Argon and 8% CO2. However, in the event of a fire, when INERGEN® is discharged, it mixes with the air present in the room to create a mixture that comprises of 67.3% Nitrogen, 12.5% Oxygen, 17% Argon and 3.2% Carbon Dioxide.
This discharge mixture makes INERGEN® singularly unique. No other inert gas has the unique ability to rapidly extinguish a fire yet at the same time provide a safe environment for any person within the occupied area by actually decreasing cardiac distress and maintaining arterial blood oxygenation and mental performance in low oxygen levels. "

Not many substances will combust at 12.5% O2. The CO2 is added to increase respiration rate to compensate for the lower oxygen levels.

One of the hazards of cockpit fires was a breach in the oxygen system.
I know about inergen - it's not 'singularly unique' there are a couple of others used in special hazards fire protection.
Not sure that 'increasing the respiration rate to compensate' is required. 12.5% is equivalent to 13,000ft. Useful consciousness at 18,000ft is 30 minutes, so there's plenty of time to get out of the room.

The method I was referring to was a prevention system where the atmosphere is continually maintained at a low oxygen level - around 14%.

I know about inergen - it's not 'singularly unique' there are a couple of others used in special hazards fire protection.
Not sure that 'increasing the respiration rate to compensate' is required. 12.5% is equivalent to 13,000ft. Useful consciousness at 18,000ft is 30 minutes, so there's plenty of time to get out of the room.

The method I was referring to was a prevention system where the atmosphere is continually maintained at a low oxygen level - around 14%.
I wasn't saying it is singular unique that's manufacturers hyperbole. I am quoting the webpage. As for respiration rate:

1651625419141.png

I wasn't saying it is singular unique that's manufacturers hyperbole. I am quoting the webpage. As for respiration rate:

View attachment 666794
I'm not arguing with the physiological stuff - way over my pay grade.
But, using that response isn't required to get people out of the hazard area. It's a great marketing tool to allay the fears that people have when they hear 'low oxygen environment'.
In reality, you're not likely to even notice the drop in O2 levels. That, and the noise of the System going off, and smoke, etc from the fire is likely enough to get an adrenaline reaction going which has the same effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back