NFL 2012 Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well appears Tebow is heading our way

Whats the over/under until TMZ finds him leaving a hotel with a blonde? I say November

The Jets have proven they have absolutely no clue what they are doing and don't have a plan of how to build a team.

Saints got EXACTLY what they deserved. Coach suspended a year, assistant coach suspended 8 games, 500k fine, lost of 2nd round draft picks in 2012 and 2013, GM suspended 6 games. The next hammer to fall is all the players that will get suspended. I think Vilma could get a one year suspension as well with the rest of the players getting 1-4 game suspensions.

Oohhh, and Greg Williams is suspended indefinitely. Good! Sorry chump.

BTW, hate that my Steelers haven't done a damn thing except cut Ward. That sucks.

Obviously Tebow bought what the jets were selling because he had a choice for jaguars or jets. 5 years 9.8million If he pans out its a steal but until then I have my concerns.

Actually we only really gave a fourth cause we get a sixth round conditional pick from Jacksonville from a trade last summer

Harrison, did ya hear what your coach said when asked about getting Tebow?

He paused for a long time and said, "I think we are going to get Jeremy Lin next." OK, that was funny, but you can tell (or at least I have the idea) that he isn't very jazzed about getting Tebow.

Harrison, did ya hear what your coach said when asked about getting Tebow?

He paused for a long time and said, "I think we are going to get Jeremy Lin next." OK, that was funny, but you can tell (or at least I have the idea) that he isn't very jazzed about getting Tebow.

Yeah he probably was thinking we signed more defensive players (WHAT WE NEED) when someone told him it was a trade. Then he is told Tim Tebow and probably doesn't know what to do.

I really have split feelings about Tebow, a fantastic person that I hope does not get eaten up by the NY masses but a so-so QB. He really had to go from Denver after the Peyton signing, there would be too much distractions with both on the team. For those not from the Denver area you have no clue what TT has done for this town. The controversy was astounding and it was non stop pro/con,what do we do with him,will he get it together?,can he take us to the superbowl? and the last question is the most important in how long will it take to get there. Denver has not been a contender for a long time,fans were running out of patience. Watching him play was a constant heart attack in progress, he would make a great play and then he would throw such an ugly ball that it wouldn't make a pee wee league QB highlight film. I really wish him the best,he made this town exciting for a season but the real fans realize Manning is the way to go,pick up a QB in the draft,let him learn and when Peyton is done he will be the new leader.

The Jets have proven they have absolutely no clue what they are doing and don't have a plan of how to build a team.

Saints got EXACTLY what they deserved. Coach suspended a year, assistant coach suspended 8 games, 500k fine, lost of 2nd round draft picks in 2012 and 2013, GM suspended 6 games. The next hammer to fall is all the players that will get suspended. I think Vilma could get a one year suspension as well with the rest of the players getting 1-4 game suspensions.

Oohhh, and Greg Williams is suspended indefinitely. Good! Sorry chump.

BTW, hate that my Steelers haven't done a damn thing except cut Ward. That sucks.

Need to remember alot of defensive players are at other teams from over the last three years the offenses carry to other teams for suspensions look at GW at the Rams.Saints had it coming for the most part still think a year is abit excessive think'in it's more a Payton/Goodell power clash which Payton should of not of been particapating in.One must remember the Saints are not #1 on the list but in the top 5 others are above them in the being penalized in the area of roughing the passer.If you go look at fines one might think Vikes(13),Raven( 8 ) and Steelers( 8 ) could be looked at from 2010 National Football League Fines and Penalties .This has been going on within the NFL for years and now they want it to go away fine I guess we get the club for cover-up and lying.I would almost call the hit Pierre Thomas took were he was knocked out a bounty hit but it was totally legal as the rules are written in the NFL which makes the player safety thing kinda screwy.But hey it's football and people hit each other with alot of force involved otherwise we would not watch it right?I can bet other teams who have toutted defenses are being looked at in light of this coming about.

It is only a bounty hit, if he was payed a bonus for doing the hit. The Niners don't do that, so therefore the hit on Pierre was 100% legal...

The suspensions were not excessive. If anything Payton is getting off easy. He lied and tried to cover it up. Therefore he condoned it. A headcoach who does that, does not belong in the league.

Note: This is not personal against the Saints. I would not condone my team doing it either, and would be just as harsh towards the 49ers.

Wonder if guys like Butkus,Randy White, Nitschke and a bunch of others needed a bounty to knock somebodies block off, I think those guys needed no incentive to be mean and nasty to play hard and make sure the guy they hit knew their number... I guess also you have to penalize college players who have a bunch of stars on their helmets as rewards for excellent play/hard hits? Yeah it's not money but it teaches kids you get rewarded for that stuff...

I am sure there is a lot of that going around the NFL. It just depends if you get caught or not.

I still don't think its right though. Even if it were my team, I would be very condemning of it. The sport is brutal as it is, and we should not have to encourage players to try and deliberately hurt other players. Some Minnesota Vikings player was saying that they were coached on the best ways to take a QBs knees, with the idea of knocking him out for good. If he is not playing, he can beat you. (read it on internet today. I think it was ESPN, but can't remember).

I also think a lot of fans (from reading the Saints boards), don't quite understand that. They keep complaining that they are being punished for so called "cheating". But it is not about "cheating" (Spygate was cheating). It is about deliberately trying to hurt someone. There is a difference between ringing someones bell with a hard hit, and going in the game trying to take someone out. There was a report somewhere on the internet (need to see if I can find it again) that the Saints had a bounty out on Frank Gore. It also showed a video that showed a Saints Player tackling Frank Gore and then hold him down while kneeing him in the ribs a few times.

Again, please don't me wrong. I am not trying to single out the Saints. I think they are getting what they deserve, but I also think that this possibly runs rampant in the NFL, and other teams should be punished as well, if this is true. Of course as I said above, it all depends on if you get caught. I think the Saints are just being hit so hard, because they were already under investigation back in 2009 and tried to cover it up.

I think with this scenario Goodell did the right thing, If it was meant as an icentive to play harder thats one thing(like they needed the thousand bucks anyway) but if it's outright destroying anothers career with premeditated areas where to hit thats BS.

No way is the SB win tainted. They just got caught doing it. I'm sure it goes on around the league. I think they got off easy. No place for that in th NFL. This goes beyond the NFL, the NHL has the same stuff going on . If we only new what has been said in money making lockerooms.

That I can truly believe. I just don't think the NHL investigates it, because people want to see the hits.
The players in the NHL have a "unwritten code" and sometimes payback is bitch, I think most players know their role and some are enforcers they do not need to be told. Football is without a doubt the slowest game on earth where they have to take a minute to figure out what they are doing in the next 5 seconds , please name another sport other then hockey where you can have as much a s 10 minutes of sustained play at high speed without whistles .

Don't take me wrong Neil, I love Hockey, but I am sure that there are players that go out of their way to try and permanently hurt other players. That is not good for the sport, I don't care how much you love it, or how much you enjoy seeing bone crushing hits.

Anyhow this is the NFL thread, where we talk about the slow ass sport that we love...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back