Osaka Castle dated 4th April, 2010

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow, You really do get a better idea of the scale with the kids climbing. The bomb damage picture really gives an idea of the structural strength. Very neat stuff, Shinpachi-san. I always wanted to see Japan when I was in the USAF, but that is one of the few places I didn't get to see.

I see that you have the same problem that I have Shinpachi and that is once you start taking photos it's hard to quit. It's great fun isn't it? Great find on the camera and EXCELLENT SHOTS my friend.:notworthy: :cool:

Thanks evangilder for your so friendly comment again.
As you can see on the last photo, the bomb explosion had caused many gaps among the stones though they were repaired afterwards. You are right. The castle did not collapse because these stones and the structure had enough strength.

You can see another hit on the west side.
The photo from other source linked.
IMG_6072.jpg

*************************:

Hi, Aaron.
That's right. I can't stop shooting and posting photos.
It's a sort of 'drug':)
Thanks!

Thanks for enjoying, wheelsup_cavu.

I took almost 100 photos on the day but what I thought good was only one fifth.
Attached is one of the rest:oops:
I think it was over exposed a bit.
Thanks.

21.jpg

Thanks Gnomey!

- but I have few which is worth introduction anymore.
Attached is Osaka Prefectural Office located in the west of the castle on the day.
This was built in 1926, five years older than the IJA headquarters.
I don't think the design is so good as the headquarters.

This is to be rebuilt or its office function is to be relocated in the near future.

By the way, I have found out the web site of Osaka Castle in English here.
Please try visit and the secret of the castle will be yours:)

Attachments

• Prefectural office.JPG
    Prefectural office.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 213
  • Osaka_castle_web_site.JPG
    Osaka_castle_web_site.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 186
They are beautiful photos Shinpachi san. Thank you for sharing. I would like to ask, didn't a shogun named Toyatomi use to live there? I hope I got the name right. I remember reading about him in the main keep of the castle. As I recall he is thought of as the George Washington of Japan.

Hello, Night Fighter Nut!
Thanks for visiting my thread.
As I guessed, you are much detailed in the Japanese history:)

Yes, Hideyoshi Toyotomi mainly lived at Fushimi Castle or Jurakudai Castle nearby Kyoto where the Emperor lived.

I am not sure if he was a Japanese George Washinton but there were 3 major lords, Nobunaga Oda, Hideyoshi Toyotomi and Ieyasyu Tokugawa on the way to the conclusion of a civil war and domestic reunification in the late 1500s. They succeeded the political power one after another to establish the stabler era called Edo Era (1603 - 1868 ).

Fushimi Castle (reproduction) Photo linked to other source.
hushimimomoyama.jpg

Last edited:
You are welcome, wheelsup_cavu:)

Fushimi Castle was dismantled in Edo era once, in order to recycle the parts for other castles or temples.
It was reconstructed three times in Edo era for renewal.

Fukuyama Castle in Hiroshima received the tower, castle gate, palatial residence, bathroom, turret, earthen wall and many others from Fushimi.

Fukuyanma Castle: Photo linked.
14cefda3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back