P-51 and P-82 mock ups/wind tunnel models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BarnOwlLover

Staff Sergeant
Nov 3, 2022
Mansfield, Ohio, USA
Been trying to find some photos online of mock up for any of the Merlin or Allison P-51s or the XP-82, and I've come up empty aside from the P-509 "baby Mustang" that was the predecessor to the NA-73X. I have such photos in print (specifically the P-51H and XP-82) but an online search hasn't turned up much.

And by "mock ups" I'm also including wind tunnel models.

Last edited:
A photo from my collection.

Attachments

• IMG_20130915_0003.jpg
    IMG_20130915_0003.jpg
    850.6 KB · Views: 28
This is one of the items that I'm looking for. Thanks :)
Maybe with the NACA image number you can find more related photos. I don't know NASA would have anything in their searchable NACA archive, but I would peak around in the online NARA database. (sorry type-o you have the NACA image number not the NARA)

Was just looking though my copy of Building the P-51 Mustang, and it makes me wish I had those photos of the XP-51F/G and P-51H (including mock ups) in HQ, and the Schiffer book about the F-82 has some good mock up photos of the XP-82 that I also wish I had.

I'm guessing that Boeing have those photos and they probably won't give or sell to individuals.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back