Picture of the day. (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sunken Japanese landing craft. Maybe their standard barge's used throughout the Pacific.

destroyed-japanese-tanks-915.jpg

Yes, it's the earlier version of the 4,000 lb HC 'blast bomb', commonly called 'cookie', with the MkII having a domed nose, rather than conical, and three detonator pistols. The colour of the casing appears to be worn and faded yellow paint, which was the original colour of British WW2 bombs. Then someone realised that huge piles of yellow bombs, stored in the open on bomb dumps, showed up very well indeed from the air, no matter how many cam nets were over them - so they painted them all Dark Green !

Caption: Jan, aka Lucky13, assembling recently discovered P-40 fighters with friends at local airfield...
I thought that this was more along the lines of:
Parking lot security camera captures Jan and his cohorts thieving the stereo and other items from parked P-40s behind the local pub

:evil4:

OK, it might be genuine - but there's something about the lighting on the actual aircraft, and the resolution and clarity, compared to the background, that doesn't quite seem right.
I wonder if this is, perhaps, a superimposition of the recently restored Blenheim Mk1, in Finnish markings, completed at Duxford?
If not, and it is a genuine (although possibly enhanced) period photo, then I offer m y apologies.

Well, i'll offer a couple considerations...

The unusual lighting could be caused by flying over sunlit snow...that was my first impression.

The other point regarding blurred background, a slightly slower shutter speed (see the prop blur) and shorter depth-of-field made for a "fuzzy" background.

I think it's legitimate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back