Poland Buys South Korean FA-50

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sounds like "You must hate Russians because of the history" when we do not necessarily hate them.

Nowhere did I say anything about Japanese feelings towards Russia or the USSR. I simply mentioned a historical fact, and then pointed out that American troops may have deterred further Soviet actions.

Hopefully you can address the point raised rather than arguing one which was not mentioned, and which I do not hold true.

Sorry to say but the division of the Korean peninsula and the following Korean War were not Japanese business.
But was the US solely responsible for this? Did North Korea attack South Korea in June 1950? The division of Korea was part of the Moscow Conference of Foreign Ministers (US, UK, USSR) and was supposed to be temporary. The US did use Japan to flight against N Korea after 1950 but look how different the world was back then. And today, is Japan not threatened by North Korea?

Listen to the statements by Kim and Xi well. Their target is always US, not necessarily Japan.
That is a fate for a country which confronts to the continent.

Listen to the statements by Kim and Xi well. Their target is always US, not necessarily Japan.
That is a fate for a country which confronts to the continent.

Right, but look especially at Kim's actions, shooting missiles through Japanese airspace.

Should of bought the T-7.

I am sure it will have a light fighter variant similar to the T-38/F-5.
The T-7 is still a couple of years away from initial service and the USAf is at the front of the queue.

Re the light fighter idea, there has been some thinking:

CONCEPTasd0116.jpg

Not an argument, but why your doubts? I'm interested in hearing them.
Timings. The earliest the FA-50s could realistically enter service would be 2024. Remember that they have to be built, trained for, be introduced to service etc before the MiG-29s would be able to be released. I can't see the Poles giving up a capability , even the MiGs, without a replacement first secured and in/entering service. If anything, a batch of additional F-16s would be more likely to trigger a Polish MiG transfer than the FA-50s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back