Polish Wings P-51 Mustang book: Thoughts or opinions?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BarnOwlLover

Staff Sergeant
Nov 3, 2022
Mansfield, Ohio, USA
This was one of a series of books published a few years ago to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Polish Air Force. Polish Wings #23 focuses of No. 303 (Polish) Squadron RAF and their use of the P-51D/K Mustang, the only Polish unit at least fully equipped with the type (most others used the P-51B/C). I wonder if anyone thinks that this may be worth purchasing, since I'm interested in the P-51, it's use by foreign operators, and it's well illustrated with color profiles and view, and rare B/W period photos from the unit's conversion to the P-51D in 1944 to is disbandment and return to Poland in late 1946-early 1947. And it's a pretty inexpensive buy at present.

Anyone have thoughts or opinions.

A very detailed examination of an important PAF Squadron. It does only cover a very limited amount of time (about 18 months) from April 1945. It wasn't expensive and I've enjoyed it. If you're into models there is a complementary and separately available decal sheet from Model Maker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back