Post models that aren't yours !

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

my god, that is simply mind blowing!

how the crap do they do the jet planes!?

Got em this time! If I hadn't seen the first shot, I wouldn't have known the others of the Skyraider were models, fantastic! After a second look, only the flight prop is the give away - I guess the 4 blader is for the scale concorse?

Flying models are always nice ones.Recently I have watched on one of the German TV channels the Airbus model powered with jet engines.Really big model.

I love the world of aircraft modeling! From the plastics to the Radio Control.I urge you all to visit RCSCALEBUILDER.COM ,especially if one day you decide to build your favorit ww2 aircraft, and fly it at your local field its an awsome feeling Trust me,especially after landing.8)It just makes me drool like a fool!:tongue7:

I think i'm gonna start a sub forum of all the great R/C model planes I see. there some Great builders and designers out there creating some of histories great war birds!

Anyone here see the guy in Germany I think, who built a rc scale Flanker? He had a build website with step by step pics, and videos of it taxiing along a runway, I just checked his site and it has made it's maiden flight!

845.gif

Site is here su27 projekt

Cheers Terry! I've got a load of holidays to take before the end of the year, so i took a week off, I went home without my laptop (and camera) so I was offline. Thats how I managed to get that spitfire started and finished, no job interfering with my building!

I was a bit peeved I forgot my camera, no good pics of my build and no pics of Galway Bay on a lovely sunny, but bitterly cold, day last wednesday.

Certainly is. With the modern aircraft, I often wonder about the flight controls and easability to fly those beauties. As any aerodymacist knows, the smaller scales are not representative of the full size version with respect to aerodynamic and handling qualities. To build an EXACT copy of a modern warbird and fly her is truly impressive, especially if you are trying to mimic scale speed. Most modern RC aircraft are much to "scale" fast, because to maintain controllability high speeds are required.

Certainly is. With the modern aircraft, I often wonder about the flight controls and easability to fly those beauties. As any aerodymacist knows, the smaller scales are not representative of the full size version with respect to aerodynamic and handling qualities. To build an EXACT copy of a modern warbird and fly her is truly impressive, especially if you are trying to mimic scale speed. Most modern RC aircraft are much to "scale" fast, because to maintain controllability high speeds are required.

So true Matt, power to weight ratio's totally different

Here's one that was sent to me from a workmate.

What a beautiful Masterpiece from a very talented man!!!

Below are pictures of a scratch built 1/5th scale Supermarine Spitfire MK 1 by an English model builder. It's hard to imagine such infinite detail can be accomplished even with super human devotion and dexterity. The pictures and accompanying text are by the model maker, David Glen.

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    670.7 KB · Views: 91
If anyone asked me why I set out to build a Spitfire in one-fifth scale, and detailed to the last rivet and fastener, I would probably be hard-pushed for a practical or even sensible answer. Perhaps the closest I can get is that since a small child I have been awe inspired by R. J. Mitchell's elliptical winged masterpiece, and that to build a small replica is the closest I will ever aspire to possession.

The job took me well over eleven years, during which there were times I very nearly came to giving the project up for lost. The sheer amount of work involved, countless hours, proved almost too much, were it not for a serendipitous encounter at my flying club in Cambridge with Dr Michael Fopp, Director General of the Royal Air Force Museum in England.

Attachments

• 2.bmp
    976.2 KB · Views: 73
I'm not sure but I had seen the model somewhere before...never mind. Wonderful work.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back