Post Your Models!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's something unusual for me, it's Russian, even if it's really American.

It's a P-39 Q-30 Airacobra of 213 GIAP of the 22 GIAD (Guard Air Fighter Division) of the VVS in early 1945, when the white diagonal recognition marking (and white nose) were introduced. I don't know much about the VVS but my limited research indicated that this unit was one of those that removed the outer machine guns, so that's what I did.

It's from the Special Hobby 1/32 scale kit, which is...average.

View attachment 752304

View attachment 752305

Mostly MRP's acrylic lacquers were used for the painting (I've become quite enamoured of them). Various markings were sprayed using masks from Montex. Weathering with various washes and some oils from Abteilung. Varnishes from Winsor and Newton.
I first thought I was looking at a photo of an actual bird flying (how/when did they get that??)? Then I saw the clear post. Amazing. Great build.

Here's something unusual for me, it's Russian, even if it's really American.

It's a P-39 Q-30 Airacobra of 213 GIAP of the 22 GIAD (Guard Air Fighter Division) of the VVS in early 1945, when the white diagonal recognition marking (and white nose) were introduced. I don't know much about the VVS but my limited research indicated that this unit was one of those that removed the outer machine guns, so that's what I did.

It's from the Special Hobby 1/32 scale kit, which is...average.

View attachment 752304

View attachment 752305

Mostly MRP's acrylic lacquers were used for the painting (I've become quite enamoured of them). Various markings were sprayed using masks from Montex. Weathering with various washes and some oils from Abteilung. Varnishes from Winsor and Newton.
I glanced at your post without reading first. I thought it was the real bird.

A little side project i have been working on !

20240109_212003.jpg
20240109_211930.jpg
20240109_211826.jpg
20240109_211803.jpg
20240109_211908.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back