Posting Problems

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
Having a real problem making posts today even after I cleared my cache....twice. I have to go to the "More Options" button to make a post and when I click the return button, this pops up...

Capture.JPG

To make this thread I had to click out and return as there was no place to type.

Geo

To make this thread I had to click out and return as there was no place to type.
Geo

Recently I have found creating new threads often has this no place to type message problem. I am using the latest Firefox and wonder if other browsers have this issue or just Firefox

Going out and returning, and even rebooting, is not working for me this morning when trying to create a new "Errors and problems" thread.

My error is -

I clicked on the link to explore new member Gunsight's profile and below is what I got. Rebooting made no difference and a cannot add anything after the image in this post.

Also preview did not work before posting

Regards

Mi

Clipboard02.jpg

Starting a new thread is a pain in the cajones. It's not just Firefox as I have the same problem in Chrome. Repeated refreshing of the page SOMETIMES works.

Geo.. the message appears because the server instructed Firefox not to store the page. The clearing of the cache may help but it is not enough often. Usually I click the Try Again button and then I agree for sending the request for refreshing. It always works. However it has happend to me twice on the forum so far.

MiTasol ... the "no place to type message" happens to a couple of members here quite often. I would say it may be cause by a server issue or the slow connection/transferring. Just there is something omitted during the action. Usually the hitting of the F5 button helps. If nothing was changed hit the F5 again.
As far as the second issue is concerned... has it happened to all or to the Gunsight's profile only?
If it happened to the guy's profile it means it is a problem with his account. I have checked on the profile and it happened to me too and it is not your"fault". As memo serves he registered at the time there were troubles with the web connection. And it might be the reason for. Also check if your FF and all its plugins ( especially the Java) are updated. Additionally I checked on a couple of new members here and their profiles are corrupeted as well. This is a new issue here indeed.

Andy.... I'm sure there are not updated templates of the forum. It may cause the trouble. However I don't have the problem and all seems to work fine for me. It can mean that the reason for that may be at your end.. I have noticed that the problem happened to you , Geo and a couple of other guys quite often. It is possible there is a lack of installed soft on your computers or the reason for that may be your servers. Anyway I can't do anything at the moment. Just need to wait for Horse's coming. In meantime you may check if all Firefox plugins are updated. Also please check on Java installation and updating.

Last edited:
I see. My FF is working without any trouble with the text field although I have had that for a couple of recent days. Also no problem that was reported by MiTasol. Still can't access the ACP though .

Have you cleared the Chrome cache?

I'm trying to create a new thread. What am I doing wrong?

Clipboard01.jpg

Got the title in, but where do I put the message?

The message has been caused by the lack of a text written or a pic attached. Just an "empty" post was going to be sent. Judging by your image posted above there isn't the text area for typing. A couple of guys reported that too. The reason for that may be not updated soft on your computer of just the froum one. If you click the button for creating of a thread and there isn't the text box under the line with a thread title, hit the F5 key for refreshing of your screen. If it doesn't appear please hit the F5 button again. It should help. Then type the text of a message etc...

a screenshot with the text box seen ...

screen5.jpg

Last edited:
This morning at 9:50am MDT on Google Chrome, I was on for about 2 minutes and on trying to reply to Terry's thread, there was a message at the bottom of my browser saying "Searching for Slot" or something like that. When I logged out and returned, I got this:

Capture.JPG

So I switched over to Firefox and got this:

Capture2.JPG

I could access all other sites I tried but not this one. This is not the first time this has happened.

Not sure why you got this. I have logged out and then I logged in again. No problem with the FF security system. Seeing the alert does not necessarily mean that the website you're visiting is trying to trick you into believing it is a different website - it means that Firefox isn't able to verify the identity of the website.You may have enabled SSL scanning in your security software such as Avast, Bitdefender, ESET or Kaspersky. Also check the date and time in the clock on your computer. Let's see if there are other guys who can encounter the trouble.

However I would follow that firstly...

You can retrieve the certificate and check details like who issued certificates and expiration dates of certificates.

• Click the link at the bottom of the error page: "I Understand the Risks"
Let Firefox retrieve the certificate: "Add Exception" -> "Get Certificate".

• Click the "View..." button and inspect the certificate and check who is the issuer of the certificate.
You can see more Details like intermediate certificates that are used in the Details pane.

If "I Understand the Risks" is missing then this page may be opened in an (i)frame and in that case try the right-click context menu and use "This Frame: Open Frame in New Tab".

Note that some firewalls monitor (secure) connections and that programs like Sendori or Fiddler (FiddlerRoot) can intercept connections and send their own certificate instead of the website's certificate.

The issurer may indicate the problem with your net provider' who blocks "adult" sites and other harmfull sites.

Last edited:
Even if I do view the license I would have no idea what to look for.....

Why would this be so intermittent? I'm able to enter the site now with no problems.

If there is no trouble now you don't need to do anything. As I have suspeccted it was caused by your net provider and his server. There might have been someting not updated or wrong transferred. I bet it's the reason for most of problems you and Goe have encountered so far . Anyway I have writtent that down to my report for Horse. And therefore I'm still stating that not of all what is wrong with the forum is caused by the forum soft and server. In other words if it would be the forum "fault" it happend to all of us. But not all getting that and it seems to be more personal, separated cases..

For instance... Here is a screenshot of the requester shown when you click the "Make Forum Read" option. However I had it displayed entirely wrong a week ago and had had a couple of times earlier too. I had the two buttons displayed only for example. I have noticed that it was changed mostly when the Windows Defender and Adblock Plus were updated. The Adblock is responsible for bloking pop-up windows. Also I suspect my antivir. And I'm more than convinced this is the reason for that but not the forum issue.

Schowek6.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back