Practising Paintshop/GIMP...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Wojtec, I agree, but I also overdid it to test the two different effects as I had no idea what they really did.
What you suggest: I have no idea how to do that in Paintshop Pro, so it'll be a nice thing to find out. Will take me a while, but it'll be a nice thing to learn. I'll post results later.

Photoshop has the Effect menu and there are some with their settings.I think Paintshop Pro should have the same options.If not use Color option froim Upper menu and then Colorize one.For getting colour you can can use a dropper ( in menu on left).

Okay, found it:

Attachments

• Bismark9.jpg
    Bismark9.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 150
Oh... too much dark.Plese, try to use other tonalities.But idea is good.Also , try to gain a ghost effect.

Ah Marcel, in addition, is there possibility of removing the background under the Swordfish? In that way you will have white background and you can use transparency settings for better adjusting.

And can you send me PDF file of the project?

Yep, looking better.
Here you are my version and PSD file for you.

Attachments

• Bismark1.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
  • Bismark1a.jpg
    Bismark1a.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 135
You are right Gnomey:D But our idea was to avoid transparency at the Bismark hull area and make the pic with the Swordfish similar to sepia effect one but instead of yellow and brown tonalities using these blue from the background.

Nop, the plane became unvisible in your pic.But colours are fine, the only thing which is a bit incorrect is the Swordfish shadow.Too inky.

What about now?

Attachments

• Bismark1b.jpg
    Bismark1b.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 130
Well, not too much as it makes the a/c to faint to recognise, like you see in Gnomey's first pic.

Gnomey, I think the last one looks great. You're using Paintshop pro as well, don't you?

Tried Photoshop CS3 again, but could make head nor tail of it. Effect are operating quite different from Paintshop :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread