Project Skyways Fleep

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

maxmwill

Airman 1st Class
Apr 18, 2011
Is there any information, other than the pages of Air Enthusiast in the mid-70s, of a project that Australia was looking into getting started, Project Skyways, which was to test the viability of using rotary wing gliders, the test subject being a Willys Jeep with fairings and the rotor off an Avro autogyro, referred to as the Fleep? I have the article somewhere but I can't find it, and have looked all over the internet, so is there anyone here who might know more. While the Rotabuggy is very well known, the Fleep is another project that was along the same lines, and pretty much forgotten.

If money is no barrier - you might wanna consider these two books which purport to cover "every aircraft type proposed, designed and manufactured in Australia."
I had a quick look at their site - but at around AUS$500 for the two volumes - I had to pass, plus my wife was looking over my shoulder at the monitor.

Scan0523.jpg

There are two other books to come in that series and I know Meggie was a very picky guy so the chances are he missed very little. I have browsed vol 1 for a week and it opened my eyes to all sorts of skulduggery by the RAAF on parachutes and other things.
I wish I could afford to buy them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back