Quotes and Jokes (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

952f0c303828a26fc1c8e52e1ebb7d1e.jpg

Take a look at this. The guy actually puts it on the runway - a BIG runway - but then seems utterly clueless. All he had to do was turn off the engine!

As absurd as this event seems, a few weeks ago a friend of mine who rents out a Cessna 172 had a renter do almost exactly the same thing. He ran the 172 off the right side of the runway, hit a drainage culvert and damaged a wheel as well as put some big dents in the tail and the bottom of the aft fuselage. Fortunately there was no big hangar handy to run into.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZc1TdJFAFs

Last edited:
Take a look at this. The guy actually puts it on the runway - a BIG runway - but then seems utterly clueless. All he had to do was turn off the engine!

As absurd as this event seems, a few weeks ago a friend of mine who rents out had a renter do almost exactly the same thing. He ran the 172 off the right side of the runway, hit a drainage culvert and damaged a wheel as well as put some big dents in the tail and the bottom of the aft fuselage. Fortunately there was no big hangar handy to run into.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZc1TdJFAFs

That's really weird. It sounded like he pushed the throttle forward and then lost control...with ensuing panic and decision paralysis.

That's really weird. It sounded like he pushed the throttle forward and then lost control...with ensuing panic and decision paralysis.
And he was pulling back on the yoke even as he crossed onto the grass. I saw where a Cessna 150 pilot on his first solo went off the runway to the Left and nailed an Ercoupe, a Seabee, a Meyers 200 and a boat, but he had a lot less time to react that that guy. The space between the runway and the big hangar was wider than the entire airport where the 150 mishap occurred.

re

And he was pulling back on the yoke even as he crossed onto the grass.

I have only flown a few times as a guest in the copilot's seat, but the first thing I thought when I saw him push the throttle forward and then start pulling back on the yoke was that he was trying to get airborne again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back