Quotes and Jokes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

869530703fb2603e0ab485bc786115a6.jpg

"Thank You For Driving Carefully"

Well, he missed the sign. That was careful.

Like me missing the sign that said "Drive carefully" when that truck came down the wrong side of the road at me, head on. I really appreciate that damn highway sign of yours, Oklahoma Highway People, really. And I thought it was quite poignant and thoughtful when I came down that same stretch of road 12 years later, on the way from the West Coast to the East Coast and you had once again decided to pave the Eastbound side of the road and route all the traffic onto the Westbound Side; it was downright touching. You're just lucky I had the car all packed up for the move and my guns were too hard to get to.

In my father's day it was known as "4-60 air conditioning". On our 1948 Plymouth 4 door, and most sedans of the period, one opened the cowl vent, just in front of the wind shield, opened the vent wings of the front windows, opened the vent wing windows behind the rear doors, and drove 60 miles per hour. The airflow was remarkably well engineered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back