Random warbirding...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

glad you guys like this stuff... we Kicked off the 2015 season in Stuart Florida with a visit from Ernest Reid. Ernest and his crew departed Hamilton Field CA on December 6th, 1941 and arrived at Pearl Harbor during the attack. His B-17C was damaged by attacking fighters and caught fire, the result can be seen in the inset photo. One of the crew was killed by strafing fighters as he fled the wreckage. I can't image what he was thinking as he sat in 909.

ERied8_zps620532ef.jpg

ERied7_zpsa82a5c1d.jpg

ERied1_zpsb6a69dff.jpg

much appreciated! It's been quite and adventure. There is always a story to tell and pictures seem to do it best. It's why we all share this interest.

Irwin Stovroff and "Cash"...Irwin is a B-24 vet from the 44th Bomb Group and shot down over France. He spent a good part of the war in Stalag Luft 1 in Barth. He spends days with us telling his story. He is one of the nicest and one of the most genuine persons you could ever know.
Irwin15_zps7f66f58c.jpg

DSC_6582_zpsc1338e16.jpg

Mr. Katsaros was shot down over Reims France and taken in by the French Underground. He spent a good bit of time around Paris and Reims before escaping to Spain. Another really cool guy and sharp as a tack.
Katsaros_zps53cad602.jpg

gopro1_zps25036aad.jpg

My trusty D-80 is finally giving out...time to upgrade
DSC_6602_zps2b6ffd10.jpg

I have been blessed...lol just ask geedee :)I worked hard and followed a dream through good times and bad...and I am proof that anyone with enough drive and determination can do this...no matter who you are or what you do there are opportunities for everyone depending on how bad you want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back