Rare Crazy Panzer Projekts.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

to the other end of the E series, we have the E-100 armed with a 150 mm KwK44 L/38,a 75 mm KwK44 L/36.5 as coaxial,weight 140 tones, only one prototype was build, captured by the british army at war end's, only the turret was missing

I have a picture of a British soldier sat on the E-100 chassis - because that's all what was built of it.

The heavier jagdpanzer E-25. Designed by Porsche.

jage25.jpg

The top small turret use a EW-141 20 mm gun....anti-aircraft maybe ?
Weight : 25 tons; Hull length: 5.66 m

11qa.png

Some influence from the Russian SU-series from this angle.

25qk.png

plan_D said:
I have a picture of a British soldier sat on the E-100 chassis - because that's all what was built of it.
did you know that the british tried to finish it?, i saw a pic of the e-100 with the tracks on

plan_D said:
It really was silly. 90 tons is way too heavy for a tank of that day - but it was much better than the Maus which weighed 188 tons. The Maus was just beyond stupid - at least the Lowe had some sort of potential, although small.

Germany should have kept the limit at 60 tons. The King Tiger was 68 tons and that was too heavy - it's not like the Tiger couldn't deal with anything the Soviets or Western Allies threw at it, it only weighed 54 tons.

Could not agree more with you here. That is a prime example of the Germans having to over engineer and go bigger and better when they already have something that works. They should have just kept producing the Tigers, King Tigers and Panthers rather than waste material on this piece!

According to some sources one Maus entered in action the last days of the war against the russians, but that is at list dubious, one of this was captured and it can be seen in the Kubinka museum near Moscu.

E-100 pictorial.

e100.jpg

panzer9ajpg8xi.jpg

panzer9jpg6bq.jpg

E-75.

With 50mm conic bore, 75 L/48 and 88 mm L/71 installed.

pkz19381lu.jpg

pkz19397gz.jpg

pkz19434eg.jpg

I agree with those of you that say she was too heavy. She may have been very innovative and possibly the future but was not needed. As was stated the Germans already had superior tanks they needed to build those and not work on the Maus.

I did hear a rumour that the Maus saw action in the defence of the Porsche factory but I have read an extremely sensible and well thought out article disproving that rumour.

The Maus did not see action - the pot marks in it's hull front are from post-war Soviet tests with an A-19 122 mm cannon, at all ranges.

I don't understand the point of any of these projects, they had no practical use except as static bunkers and wasted desperately needed supplies. It must just have been a "mine's bigger than yours" philosophy. Maybe they were trying to make up for something?

Those pot marks on the front of the Maus are from the A-19, as I've mentioned - a 122 mm cannon!

Attachments

• a-19_122_mm_138.jpg
    a-19_122_mm_138.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 857

Users who are viewing this thread

Back