Regia Aeronautica

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

kitplane01

Airman 1st Class
Apr 23, 2020
I cannot find anywhere either (1) production figures for the Italian Air Force or (2) an inventory of aircraft for the Italian Air Force (any reasonable date).

I'm super aware that Italy was a VERY weak producer of aicraft (less than Canada?) but I'd still like a chart or reference or something, broken down my model.

Thanks. Helpful. Anyone know production figures, or OOB stats? Would love more info.

If you scroll to the right on the Aircraft List table, there should be a production number listed.

For example, the list shows the Reggiane Re.2000 at 26, which is accurate. The Falco I was extremely limited.

If you scroll to the right on the Aircraft List table, there should be a production number listed.

For example, the list shows the Reggiane Re.2000 at 26, which is accurate. The Falco I was extremely limited.

I saw that. I'm sorry I was unclear. I meant production by year.

I cannot find anywhere either (1) production figures for the Italian Air Force or (2) an inventory of aircraft for the Italian Air Force (any reasonable date).

I'm super aware that Italy was a VERY weak producer of aicraft (less than Canada?) but I'd still like a chart or reference or something, broken down my model.
Hi
The book 'Regia Aeronautica, The Italian Air Force 1923-1945 - An Operational History' by Chris Dunning, may be of some use as Appendix Two 'Factory Production' has lists of aircraft types built in each Italian aircraft factory (with the caveat that lots of documents were lost during the chaos of 1943). The author has also written another book 'Courage Alone, The Italian Air Force 1940-1943' which should also be of use to those interested in the Italian Air Force of WW2.

Mike

The RA acceptances in 1943 to early september were 1741 all incluse like training or civilian
1942: 2818
1941: 3487

i've not on the pc the data of the first volume because i've it

This list in Wiki seems to be just for types and their numbers in service of the air force, it does not cover total production (including export)
Re.2000 production in italy was close to 200

This list in Wiki seems to be just for types and their numbers in service of the air force, it does not cover total production (including export)
Re.2000 production in italy was close to 200
But if one follows the link for each type, it will show production numbers, such as the Re.2000 Serie I type, which had a total of 188 built, but as mentioned, very few served with the RA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back