Request for Detailed Schematics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Zipper730

Chief Master Sergeant
Nov 9, 2015
I could use some highly detailed line-drawings (3-view or 5-view) of the following aircraft

I. Fighters

• Supermarine Spitfire (Specifically the PR Mk.XIX; F Mk.22 or Mk.24)
  • Lockheed P-38J Lightning
  • Grumman F7F-1 Tigercat
  • North American FJ-1 Fury
II. Bombers
  • Consolidated B-24 Liberator (Specifically B-24G-1, B-24J)
  • De Havilland Mosquito (Specifically the high altitude night-fighter, bombers, and reconnaissance variants)
  • Douglas A-26 (Specifically the A-26B or B-26K)
  • Avro Lancaster Mk.VI or Avro Lincoln
I'd say the most important ones at this moment would be the Spitfire, the FJ-1 for fighters, and the B-24 and Lincoln for bombers.

What are you going to use them for? Publication?
No, I was going to help a friend create some conceptual designs on another forum. I figure tomo pauk would probably also be amenable as well as he created a P-39 concept.

The baseline provides good engineering accuracy

There are a lot of good cutaways out there. Try searching Google for "WW2 aircraft 3-view drawing" or "WW2 aircraft cutaway drawing." A LOT shows up, then look for the ones that are larger than 1 or 2Mpixels for better detail.

Tomo is a really great forum resource. He comes up with stuff that is amazing. I wish I knew how he FINDS that stuff he finds.

There are a lot of good cutaways out there.
Cutaways are useful for certain things (3d persepctive), however 3-view and 5-view are basically: Front, top, side, or Front, Back, Top, Bottom, Side

Try searching Google for "WW2 aircraft 3-view drawing" or "WW2 aircraft cutaway drawing." A LOT shows up, then look for the ones that are larger than 1 or 2Mpixels for better detail.
I'll take a look.

Tomo is a really great forum resource. He comes up with stuff that is amazing. I wish I knew how he FINDS that stuff he finds.
Actually, I could ask him that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back