Revell 1/32 Bf 109G-10 Erla

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Totally agree with each compliment about your tremendous paint scheme. :shock:

I'm pretty eager to see what´s next!!. =D>
That good work John !! :salute:

Thanks for the positive comments guys! I'm creeping forward with this build but ran into a little glitch that gave me pause. First a bit of detail work... the FuG16 antenna under the port wing could use a little refinement.
IMG_8070_zpsunwqtult.jpg

The tip was cut off and replaced with a strand of electrical wire.
IMG_8071_zpsvfa3oqwa.jpg

I prepped the model for decaling by spraying on a coat of Alclad Gloss.
IMG_8073_zpsstboisrs.jpg

This is when I noticed that I had painted the fuselage bands way too large. No excuse really... just got careless. I tried placing the fuselage cross to see if this was something that I could accept but the error was just too obvious.
IMG_8074_zpsicgdujkl.jpg

Black+11+Bf109G-10.jpg

So starting from the tail, I narrowed the blue band with some white and then the white band with some blue. Comparing the profile with the picture below, you can see how far off I was.
IMG_8075_zpsquazpi8w.jpg

After letting this dry, I will mask off the front edge of the blue and re-apply the camo pattern.

I congratulate and recognize the effort to do things as they should be (just right), I also consider myself a perfectionist, but in this hobby ... sometimes it hurts a little, but the satisfaction of the result, having overcome adversity and know that I did it well, always worthwhile.
I love the way you're going to build this great bird. :thumbup:

Luis Carlos

Picking up where I left off... the correction of the blue/white fuselage bands has been completed with the background camo filled in.
IMG_8080_zpsahipjixz.jpg

IMG_8081_zpscg7yrn4g.jpg

I had trouble attaching the landing gear. Both main legs snapped at the joint near the mounting peg due to the pressure I applied to force them into the square hole. The joint is awkward to secure since you have to push perpendicular to the gear leg. The tail gear leg broke when the model slipped. I superglued the main leg breaks and used a brass rod to secure the tail gear.
IMG_8083_zpscokzwr9c.jpg

IMG_8084_zpsqwkgb4qc.jpg

The decal was finished. The EagleCal decals are excellent... thin, minimum clear carrier overlap and crisply printed.
IMG_8087_zpsfewqxtai.jpg

IMG_8088_zpslhgiekzh.jpg

IMG_8086_zpsjuhhqqkx.jpg

IMG_8085_zps6rs7cmtf.jpg

The decals were sealed with gloss and then an overall coat of flat (actually 50/50 mix of flat and gloss).
IMG_8089_zpszfqffesu.jpg

IMG_8090_zpsqltvtnip.jpg

IMG_8091_zpsfc2jcuma.jpg

Final weathering is next...

Ok... this one is a wrap! Weathering consisted of giving the panel lines a dark pastel wash and adding the exhaust stains. All of the bits and pieces were added including the drop tank, landing gear covers, various antenna and aerials. I broke the kit pitot tube so it was replaced by brass tubing. The DF loop antenna kept breaking so I had to redo it about 3-4 times... what a pain! Anyways, she's ready for pictures...

JTK_6140_zps1odbpkyt.jpg

JTK_6148_zps7tuzxbae.jpg

JTK_6143_zpsmgnmyhca.jpg

JTK_6145_zps8nt7gsac.jpg

JTK_6146_zpsatqfwoql.jpg

JTK_6147_zps22xcd34y.jpg

JTK_6150_zpsj1xhwzsk.jpg

JTK_6152_zpsdnniuj5t.jpg

JTK_6153_zpsujtvgwdy.jpg

JTK_6154_zpst2innugl.jpg

JTK_6157_zpsg7drgov5.jpg

JTK_6159_zpsc8pvvx2w.jpg

JTK_6160_zps3besbm35.jpg

JTK_6161_zps9llifvcp.jpg

JTK_6166_zpscqevqwj0.jpg

It was tremendous !!, at the bottom of the wings I loved the metallic part. :shock:
I admire and learn a lot from your work John.
What material do you use to wire antennas?

Congratulations friend. :thumbup:

Saludos

Luis Carlos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back