Revell Junkers 88 A1 1:32scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Your a new member and already have a thread that is longer then MOST of mine I have two that have more posts then you....man your good. :lol:

Agree! Absolutely bl**dy fricking great thread! Might turn into a A-1 or something like that "building thread" :lol: As I said earlier, have developed a sever '88 itch here....:lol:...even though your A-1 is too big for me, I prefer the 1/48 scale, I might have to buy one just to, well, support your museum and stuff! 8) That is, if you'll sell them too....

Any ideas which KG's took part in the Battle of Britain, besides KG-30?

here is a little unknown detail to most people..the anteannawire that is going from the cockpitanteanna to the vertical has two different attachpoints on the vertical..the early version had a lower attachpoint than the later ( this is seen in these two pictures ) i am pointing at the early A1 attachpoint one the picture..this has been blocked up and moved higher up closer to the top fairing !! not sure when this was done but somewhere during the A1 production.. so i guess that both areas would be correct if you choose either one.. just some details to all you modelbuilders :) details is what makes the models ( and aircrafts ) the little black rubberdetail is also cleary visible and is something that should be painted on the 1:32 model :)

Attachments

• antenna mount.jpg
    antenna mount.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 145
  • vertikal.jpg
    vertikal.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 145
Hi, Jan. Here's the info on JU88 units in the BoB.
KG3 (Blitz) Mid Aug - mid Sept., based at Le Colot, Antwerp, St.Trond.
KG30 (Adler) as above, based at Aalborg, Brussels, Gilze Rijen.
KG51 (Edelweiss) " " " " " Orly, Merlun-Villaroche, Etampes.
KG54 (Totenkopf) "" "" "" " Guines, Hermalinghen/ South Holland.
Hope this helps.
Terry.
PS, Codes, in above order:- +5K, +4D, +9K, +B3.

nice info on BOB squadrons.. what are your buildingplans regarding models..what squadron..i will 100% make KG 54 totenkopf ( that took part in adlertag you know :eek:))

Jan (and Mr.G), I've found the plans I used for my JU88A5 conversion, and they include the A1, with the inaccuracies about the dinghy hatch! They are part of a magazine feature from 1991, and the latter has some good pics of the JU, including an interesting 'Dummy' glazed nose on a nightfighter.
If you would like copies, let me have an e-mail or postal address, and I'll photocopy and send them. I doubt the text will show up in scans, but the pictures/plans will be O.K.
Terry.
PS also got some other pics in 'German Bombers over England', a collection of Bundes Archive photographs, published around '79/'80, now long out of print.

please send :eek:)

[email protected]

by the way..if revell goes with my idea it will be released a collectors kit in the future with a skinpart from a original Ju 88 A1 :) hehe we have a huge underwingpanel thatw e dont need and its not usable for restoration..so that might go into the 1:32 kit one day

G-Man! I'd would send the email address to Terry in PM instead, to save you from getting bogged down with SPAM etc....

Check this link out for Luftwaffe decals!

Peddinghaus Decals - Home

It's in German... But, if you do a Google search for Peddinghaus Decals, you get an "Translate" option to english....

Yeah....! I remembered that I had seen a website with tonnes of Luftwaffe decals in different scales, but I couldn't for my life remember the name of it! :lol: So I just started different Luftwaffe searches and wouldn't you know....there it was! 8) :lol: As long as they have the KG-54, 55 and 100 I'm a somewhat happy camper! :lol:

me to as i need the Kg 100 to make a He 111 model of the one we salvaged ..and a KG 54..and large svastikas..

yes..it was..pictures comming up..when we salvaged the He 111 we had the pilot of that very special plane there..Arthur VonCassimir..and he was clear as the day..remembered everything..did you know that all decals are wrong..showing blue sky over the vikingship..it was not blue..and did you know that the little flag in top of the Vikingshipmast had different colours acording to different gruppen ( this was all told to me by Cassimir..i have somewhere written down the different colours of the flag, red , yellow and blue if i remember coorect ) on the top picture you cans ee him lokking at his very own aircraft..if you go on my website you will see his personal pictures when it sank taken in 1940 ( look at the historysection )
arthur Voncassimir was the kommander of KG 100 in 1940 and died in 2006

look at the picture and you will see the correct colour of the KG 100 emblem

theis emblem was designed by Arthur and his crew during the phoneywar when they flew search and rescuemissions near scapa flow..low and in bad weather..one of the crewmembers said that this was like the vikings.. sea and bad weather..and that is how the emblem was born

Attachments

• ju 88+He 111 036.jpg
    ju 88+He 111 036.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 151
  • Kg 100.jpg
    Kg 100.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 165
  • airborne.jpg
    airborne.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 15-11-2006 00;48;30.JPG
    15-11-2006 00;48;30.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 162
look at the picture above of the emblem..it had white sea and white heaven, and yellow shilds on the side of the plane.. i asked arthur about the blue sky that is in all books and drawings..he just laughed and said that "if it was blue the blue flag for II gruppe ( or was that third .. dont remember..need to look in my archive ) would not show now would it .. "

that man was something else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back