Seamless intakes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's an unnecessary solution to something that's not really an issue IMHO.

My mother-in-law (bless her departed soul) used to buy loads of crap that represented the same sort of thing: answers to questions no-one had asked. One was a serrated credit-card thing that grated garlic. Being made of plastic, it couldn't grate cheese, whereas our existing metal grater did. Then there were tumble dryer balls (honestly); they were supposed to soften garments in the tumble drier and make them smell nice. But they didn't become soft and ended up smelling of rubber. Then there was a pasta tube that cooked pasta when you poured boiling water into it (with pasta). There were loads more, and she would often 'gift' us this garbage too. And it cost money to buy, these items often doing exactly the same thing as something we already had. But with one key difference: in most cases, the 'new solution' could only do one specific job while the item it replaced was multi-functional.

The pasta tube was a good example: being made of plastic, you couldn't put any heat under it. meanwhile the stainless pan it 'replaced' could be used to boil anything you wanted. And it could only be used with spaghetti. So really fabulously pointless, but we were gifted two of the bloody things! Last I saw one of our lads was using one as a toilet brush holder. At least it had gained a secondary function. In fact since it was covered in urine stains, I think it had taken on a third purpose of toilet training for adolescent males.

So not for me. Too much effort for no result. I'd rather piddle on a pasta tube.

My mother also gave me useless things as gifts. I often told her I would rather have the money she spent as a gift. Every two years, I would get a clock for birthday or Christmas, yet I was the only child always on time, not needing a clock. Most of these things came from catalogs and "looked cute" but were of poor quality. The clocks usually did not last a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back