Spinner stripes.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ron Pearcy

Airman 1st Class
Feb 24, 2018
Market Harborough,UK
I'm currently building the 1:48 Tamiya kit number 61062 in the following colour scheme. RS625 NE-D No.143 Sqn Banff.
The scheme calls for the spinners to have lines around the yellow background colour.
Does anyone know how to mask/paint them.
All or any help appreciated.

I assume you mean this guy:

sanstitre13rr_zps6f25xbxh.jpg

Yellow spinners with white rings I think. A tricky job but I did something similar for a Slovakian 109.

Start at the tip. Paint your yellow then cut a disk, mask the tip and paint the first white ring. Then with a thin strip of tape, mask the back edge of the first white ring, then paint yellow. Cut another thin strip of tape and mask the front edge of the next white ring, making sure everything forward of that is still masked then paint white. Another thin strip for the back of the white ring and paint the final yellow bit.

110318 Spinner 1.jpg

110320 Spinner.jpg

110320 Spinner 3.jpg
110326 Prop.jpg

It's a pain in the butt and requires patience and probably plenty of touch up. The key is to move from front to back as you can mask a curved edge that way by crimping the tape. The other way won't work. Good luck!

A great help from Andy. :thumbright:

Ron, there is no need to use the bold font for writting. What is more, your attachment was invalid and generated an error. I had to delete it. If you need it please edit your first post and re-attach it there.

smiles,

W~

Sorry for messing up the attachment,this is all very new to me, both posting and modelling. I was trying to show a picture to give as much info as possible.Do you know what I did to make it invalid. I didn't realise I was using a bold font.
Sorry again.

It's OK. No problem at my end. Just to let you know that there is something that need of your attention. If you want to upload a pic you need to hit the Upload a File button. It is under the post window. Or you may drag and drop the pic file from your computer to the post window. Just drag the icon of the file and drop at the post window area. If you use the Upload a File button you need to upload the file firstly and then hit the Full Image button seen next to the uloaded file. The Thumbnail button also seen there will allow you to display your pic as the thumbnail while the Full Image as the pic of full size. Then you have to hit the Post Replay. And your post with the attached pic is sent to our server and displayed on our screens. If you use neither the Full Image nor the Thumbnail button the pic ( file ) will be displayed as a very small pic or got an icon of a file of the correct type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back