Suffolk beach find, any ideas please.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jun 2, 2021
20210602_155959.jpg
20210602_155946.jpg
20210602_155931.jpg
20210602_155940.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As Jim says measurements help a lot

Probably your best chance of identification is to identify the location of the find better. There are many on this forum who have records of what crashed where and they will know what crashed at that location or in the sea nearby.

As to what it is - my instant first reaction was a landing gear linkage such as the one in the middle of a drag brace. That does NOT exclude any other possibilities.

20210604_193704.jpg

It was found on covehithe beach

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it aluminum? My gut reaction is a broken rudder pedal.. it has the pivot, and stiffening ribs and overall configuration.

So I looked up images of rudder pedals of Bf-109, Spit, Me-110, Hurricane, but not similar. But the P-47 has some similarities.
Good luck!
- Art

My feeling is the checker is from a foot pad on a landing gear brace that the crew stood on when doing preflight and ground staff used during maintenance but I have been wrong many times before

It would be better to put the item next to the ruler in order to se the length, width etc. The posted pic with the ruler seen can't help at all.

My feeling is the checker is from a foot pad on a landing gear brace that the crew stood on when doing preflight and ground staff used during maintenance but I have been wrong many times before

I agree. It looks like a part of a spring loaded step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back